itunes will not sync iphone ringtones.

Fuzynvl2101

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Tonight I was trying to sync some ringtones that were downloaded, and added to itunes via a third party (myxer). Itunes synced just fine, but when I checked my custom ringtone list the songs I selected were not there. Also all the ringtones, including the new ones added say file cannot be located. Anyone know what going on??? I'm completely confused!:confused:
For ref. I have 3gs iphone, and updated itunes to 9, and the newest update to iphone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you create them and have to save them from your 3rd party software either check where you saved the file or when you're saving it the program should say the file type or extension. Also I had the same thing happen the first time I tried to sync custom ringtones you need to sync twice. Connect your phone and click your phone in iTunes and go to the ringtone tab check that your custom ringtone is selected on the phone and sync again. The ringtone shows in two places iTunes and then in the iPhone's ringtone section.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just go to ringtones category in iTunes when your phone's not connected and delete it just like you would a song. Then make sure it's not selected as the ringtone and connect and sync it will remove the ringtone.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Just go to ringtones category in iTunes when your phone's not connected and delete it just like you would a song. Then make sure it's not selected as the ringtone and connect and sync it will remove the ringtone.

ok thanks,...i been trying to figure it out after taking some tylenol PM's for my headache, u can imagine how that was going lol

Jactory

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: itunes will not sync iPhone ringtones

I had the similar problem before, especially with my custom ringtones. And it took me a long time to get this problem fixed.

Make sure that:
1. it's up to 30 secs,
2. none of the song fields (song name, artist, composer, etc) have special characters.

If these dosen't work, check here: w ww.wikiappletv.com/page/How+to+Sync+iPhone+Ringtone+on+Mac

Dphone

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I had the similar problem before, especially with my custom ringtones. And it took me a long time to get this problem fixed.

Make sure that:
1. it's up to 30 secs,
2. none of the song fields (song name, artist, composer, etc) have special characters.

If these dosen't work, check here: w ww.wikiappletv.com/page/How+to+Sync+iPhone+Ringtone+on+Mac

Is there a free app that will do this ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77