iTunes problem on phone

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I tried searching the forum but nothing, if it's been posted before i apologize. I'm having a problem on my phone, it's happened a few times recently. I added new stuff into iTunes on my computer, then I synced my phone. The first time I went to open iPod on my phone and watch a movie it sat on a white screen for a minute, then popped up with "updating library..." After a few seconds I got a message saying "No Content You can download music from iTunes" as though nothing were on the phone. There's a buttload of media on it, but iTunes won't see it. When I go to the about screen under general settings it says I have zero songs and videos, but I only have 1,6 gigs available of 14.6. So I know the data is on there, but it won't access any of it. I know from past experience that syncing will fix it until next time, but my computer is 16 miles away and I'm on base, so it's not an option right now. Does anybody have any ideas how to force media reading on my phone without plugging it in? Thanks.

fiyahstotah

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
apple makes this process more difficult than it needs to be unfortunately. I think synching is your only option though as far as I know. I hope I'm wrong for your sake though =)

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to understand your problem , your phone is synced to your computer (A) and you want to plug it into Computer B and watch or listen to thing on the phone correct ?

This is not possible on the iphone because there is no disk mode in an unjailbroken iphone , you need to hack the XML document of the second computer to do this .

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to understand your problem , your phone is synced to your computer (A) and you want to plug it into Computer B and watch or listen to thing on the phone correct ?

This is not possible on the iphone because there is no disk mode in an unjailbroken iphone , you need to hack the XML document of the second computer to do this .

not at all what he's talking about

contact Apple about this issue. it sounds like it may be an issue with the files.

You did purchase the media from itunes right?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I'd try restoring the phone as new and resyncing first. This will be the first thing an Apple store asks you to do anyways.

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Well, as soon as I got home I synched and it was fine. I think it might be because I put new media on the iphone that I had just loaded into itunes. And no, none of my media comes from ituens, it's all music I already have.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2