Is it possible to use 2 iPhones on one iTunes device manager?

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting my wife an iPhone 3Gs as a Christmas gift, but we use one laptop at home, and I'm already synching my 3Gs to it. Can you plug in another iPhone into iTunes with it knowing that it is a different iPhone, so that it doesn't synch my calendar and contacts to hers and vice versa?

When we both ran BlackBerries, we were able to do this with the BlackBerry Device Manager because it would recognize each device separately by the PINS, and so we could synch our data separately without getting them mixed up. Can iTunes do this too?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you separate your contacts into groups and your wife's contacts into other groups, have separate calendars ( within outlook ) you can choose which group(s) get synced with each iPhone.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can sync it.

It doesn't matter if it has a unique name or not. iTunes recognizes the phone by phone number and serial number.

It'll ask you to sync contacts and what-not, so just don't click contacts and calendar under sync and you're fine. My girlfriend and I both sync our iPhones with the iMac and always have, all 3 models, never one problem. If she has different outlook contacts, just make sure she is syncing with her account and not yours.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can do it. It is not a problem you are using one or more itunes in one pc. It recognizes iphone by it's id or serial number. Wish you a happy Christmas.

winxmun

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I just got my iphone yesterday fm my husband. I am trying to sync the iphone to the same laptop that my husband already sync his iphone.

If it recognizes iphone by it's id or serial number, can my id download the applications that bought previously by my husband iphone?

Thanks

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
If your husband just gave you his old phone I believe you should just be able to sync everything he had on it , but you need to use the same itunes account .

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If you separate your contacts into groups and your wife's contacts into other groups, have separate calendars ( within outlook ) you can choose which group(s) get synced with each iPhone.
iTunes will recognize each phone. Each phone will have its own profile. Each profile will have its own sync settings. You will only have to tell iTunes what to sync once.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Yep, as long as you guys are ok with using the same iTunes account, you're good. Apps go by the account they were purchased under, not the device (i know, apple is confusing at times)

My girlfriend and I both use my iTunes account, so she can download any apps I've already purchased either from iTunes, or if she goes to buy them on her phone, it'll just tell her she's already purchased it and can download it for free. Works through the phone and though iTunes. :)

winxmun

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I am a bit dumb in iphone, so pls pardon me for asking stupid question.

iTunes will recognize each phone eventhough we share the same itunes account? If we share the same itunes account, do I need to update my hp no. & serial number in the same account? Sharing the same itunes account will have individual profile & sync settings? Btw, does it matter to update the hp no. & serial number in the itunes account?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner