Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've hunted but all I can find it hack jobs on how to sync your iPhone with multiple computers. I'm looking to get an iPhone but my situation is my Mac has all my photos, movies and music, but my PC has my contacts and calendars in outlook.

With the iPhone out of the box, is it possible to sync it to the Mac for all the music and contacts, but then sync it to my PC for the rest? Just because my PC is my work laptop so it has my contacts, calendars etc, but the Mac is my home machine.

Just wanted to check thanks!
    10-27-2009 05:11 PM
    Yes, select what you want to sync from each computer. You use iTunes in both places.
    10-27-2009 11:33 PM
    I thought the iPhone was like an iPod though and when you plug into another computer it says this is linked to a different iTunes library and asks you to erase it?
    10-28-2009 09:26 AM
    No iPhone is different from iPod because it will only sync what has been checked to be synced. I do what you're doing between my laptop and my GFs. So like flyingember said connect it to your Mac and select photos, music, videos and leave contacts and calendars unchecked for sync. Then same with your Windows machine except alternate sync selections.
    10-28-2009 10:42 AM
    Awesome that's a relief thanks so much!!!
    10-28-2009 11:22 AM
    Do do this, do you need to format the iphone as a pc or a mac, or its doesn't matter?
    11-02-2009 07:09 PM
    you don't format the iphone period
    11-03-2009 01:40 PM
    you don't format the iphone period
    yeah it doesn't matter, the iPhone syncs through iTunes which available in either Mac or Windows so you just connect and it works.
    11-03-2009 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD