why is itunes deleting my apps, when i go to sync my phone?

last night i watched it delete facebook, myspace, google earth, google app, yahoo messenger, yahoo mobile app, bejeweled2, where, flixster...

really wtf is that about and is their another app around to sync my phone with other than that ****ty itunes, and it keeps doubling my contact list...
    10-11-2009 09:24 PM
    How do you have your iTunes set to sync apps - all of them, or just the ones you choose?
    10-11-2009 10:07 PM
    alli, just the ones i choose...
    10-12-2009 03:45 PM
    See what happens if you have it sync all of them.
    10-12-2009 06:43 PM
    i tired that and it deleted everything i downloaded from cydia and rockapp and i mean everything...
    10-12-2009 08:21 PM
    OK try rebooting the phone, then try the reverse uncheck sync apps in iTunes and do a sync then select sync apps and select just one app. If the one app syncs then select all your other apps. If no dice select sync apps and sync when the app is deleted sync again and see if the app returns or stays deleted. Also do you have categories installed? If all this fails you can try Re-JB and see if that helps.
    10-16-2009 08:55 AM
    no dice, still deleting my apps... its cool tho i switched to another app that i posted here somewhere but the mods must have deleted it.

its called pc suite or something for iphone but it lets me manage everything, and i mean everything. i can add apps, pics, contacts, read my txt on my pc etc this appz is literally amazing and the back up is great as well...

i'd much perfer this app over itunes and its allows you to download apps to your desktop and install them without all the ssh non-sense...
    10-16-2009 09:35 AM
    i tired that and it deleted everything i downloaded from cydia and rockapp and i mean everything...
    i believe iTunes won't sync JB apps. not without the help of apps like AptBackup. download it and do a BackUp. then next iTunes sync it should retain all your JB apps.
    10-16-2009 09:49 AM
    i haven't added any new music to the device since the JB...
    now i'm afraid to do anything with itunes.
    any tips before i do?
    10-16-2009 09:54 AM
    don't let the bad experience of 1 other iphone user deter you from adding music, installing apps, JB, etc, etc. the iPhone IS afterall an iPod too. to not add music just because someone has issues with their iTunes is rediculous.
    10-16-2009 09:59 AM
    haha, yeah i hear ya.
    so in a perfect world i can sync with itunes and not have any issues with the jailbreak?
    or is there something i need to do before?
    10-16-2009 10:05 AM
    haha, yeah i hear ya.
    so in a perfect world i can sync with itunes and not have any issues with the jailbreak?
    or is there something i need to do before?
    i dont have any issues syncing contacts and music its just all the jb appz i have their deleting...
    10-16-2009 10:17 AM
    that's what i'm trying to avoid. guess i'll just have to try it and find out.
    10-16-2009 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD