I use Windows XP, I just bought a new laptop and want to move all of my pics, music etc to the new laptop. The old laptop is not going to be used with my Iphone anymore. Any help?
    09-03-2009 05:06 PM
    You will have to set up everything as new if you go the safe way. You iPhone will not recognize the new set-up. I had done this for my wife. I copied all her data to a remote driver. I then installed iTunes on the new computer, installed all the music and movies. Sync the phone as new. I think you can get your applications back because iTunes recognizes the phones serial number and your iTunes password.
    09-03-2009 06:01 PM
    There are plenty of different ways and plenty of tutorials out there that explain how to do it.
    09-04-2009 09:12 AM
    I could have sworn just coping the directory 'My Music' and the iPhone backup folder to the new pc was sufficient.
    09-04-2009 09:38 AM
    I could have sworn just coping the directory 'My Music' and the iPhone backup folder to the new pc was sufficient.
    I did that when I replaced my desktop and iTunes would remove anything that was downloaded from the appstore on the phone every time it was synced
    09-09-2009 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD