OTA podcasts for those already subscribed in iTunes?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I have a number of podcasts subscribed to in iTunes. Everything works fine in iTunes and when I sync my 3Gs to iTunes.

Is it possible to get the same podcasts OTA via WiFi? Say when travelling and don't have access to itunes on my PC?

Will I have to look for and re-subscribe to the same podcasts on the device using the iTunes App on the 3Gs? Will that screw-up my iTunes settings when I get back home and sync with iTunes?

It appears that the iTunes app on the 3GS is just there to sell media. It doesn't remember any settings from the iTunes on my PC ..

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try using MediaFly on your iPhone for podcasts. I keep all my podcast subscriptions there now instead of iTunes.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
nice call alli! i just downloaded and have been trying it out. pretty cool. i dont like that the screen wont dim though when playing an audio podcast, but i can get over that one.

well, i just hit the sleep button while it was playing and viola! it was good! this way it wont bug me at night! :D

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It would be nice if Apple would allow other apps that play music (besides iPod) run in the background. But I still prefer MediaFly. I don't typically do that kind of multitasking when listening to podcasts anyway.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Does MediaFly download podcasts OTA directly to the iPhone?

Bummer about not playing in the background. I do stuff like respond to emails or look up stuff on Safari (and maybe soon, navigate) while listening to music and podcasts.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
looks like you can have them download over wifi for playback without a signal. if not it appears to be streaming it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You got it, cobra. I have certain podcasts that I have set to "preload" so that if I'm going somewhere I'll open Mediafly at home and make sure the podcasts I want are on my iPhone for later if I'm going to be somewhere I don't have a signal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner