I bought my 8 gig 3G used and turned it on through Tmobile. So when I connect it to my PC and go on Itunes it says that there's a prob recognizing my SIM card and won't let me do ****... Help! Thx
    08-09-2009 05:19 PM
    Did you jailbreak and unlock?
    08-09-2009 05:27 PM
    Yes I had a cell repair place unlock the phone. Am I burnt?
    08-09-2009 05:55 PM
    What firmware are you running? And what iTunes do you have?
    08-09-2009 06:45 PM
    ITunes 8.1 and I'm not sure about the firmware how do I find out?
    08-10-2009 12:16 AM
    ITunes 8.1 and I'm not sure about the firmware how do I find out?
    When your device is plugged in click on it in the sidebar. It should tell you the firmware there. If not, on your device tap Settings----> General----> About---->Version
    08-10-2009 12:21 AM
    3.0 (7a341) is what it says under version. Thank you So Im curious... Do tell. Thanx
    08-10-2009 07:09 AM
    Open iTunes>Go to help tab>Check for update and update your iTunes.
    08-10-2009 08:32 AM
    Hey friends, I gotta find out. Is the pain you're sufferring worth it for a jail broken platform? I can truly justify jail break only to unlock and get away from ATT.
    08-10-2009 09:36 AM
    Hey CANADU okay Im feelin ya. That was the only thing I did to my phone and I took it to a shop and paid 60 bucks to unlock it! But when I plugged it onto my PC and logged onto I tunes it just says that the sim card that I have is unrecognizable. I use Tmobile. I want to be able to put all my music and stuff from my Itunes onto my phone!!! Any other ideas? Oh and for the reply that suggested I go on I tunes andclick on the updates... The Cell. Repair shop that unlocked my phone said to NEVER do the Itunes Apple updates or it will lock up again!! So which is it??
    08-10-2009 01:33 PM
    Well if you do update it will break your unlock but they did not unlock your iPhone correct so I would restore or update and unlock your self.
    08-10-2009 02:10 PM
    OK there is Itunes, and the firmware/OS on the phone. If you unlock/Jailbreak you shouldn't update your firmware on your phone or it will break the unlock/Jailbreak. You can update Itunes which is just the software that syncs the phone. So like Tramain said update your Itunes so you have the newest version. Then connect your Iphone and click on the Iphone in the left column. In the summary screen I usually uncheck the auto sync when Iphone is connected so that I control the sync. You should never click the update button to update the phone firmware and if it prompts you to update when you connect the phone cancel. If your phone wont accept your SIM then like Tramain said either take it back to where you had it unlocked or look it up and do it yourself.

Canadu

I had a 1gen Iphone when it wasn't avail in Canada just because I'm impatient and wanted it badly. So I had to unlock and Jailbreak the phone 1. To use it in Canada 2. To be able to turn off Edge because I didn't have a data plan

I am not on contract and I always buy my phones outright so I don't have to go on contract. While I had my 1 gen Iphone I learned I didn't need the Edge network personally. So when I got my 3G I had to Jailbreak it to turn off 3G and Edge because I still don't have or need the data plan. So in my case it wasn't a pain because both phones the Unlock/Jailbreak worked the first time and I never had any problems with either phone.
    08-10-2009 04:35 PM
    Okay so I should take it back to theplace that unlocked it or Tmobile who inserted the SIM card that I tunes tells me is unsupported and won't recognize?? Thanks for ur help u guys are the sh@t!!!
    08-11-2009 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD