When does it refresh the list of my subscribed podcasts to download the new ones?

Can I set a preference to make it refresh the list at a certain time of the day, or at certain intervals?

Currently, it appears that it gets the new episodes only when I click Refresh in the lower right corner of the Podcast list page...

Aloke
    08-01-2009 07:30 AM
    iTunes>Podcasts>At the bottom click Settings>And there it is under check for new episodes.
    08-01-2009 07:52 AM
    It lets me set it to "every day" but won't let me set the time-of-day. How does it set that time? Can I change it?

The only interval option is "every hour".
    08-01-2009 07:56 AM
    You cannot set it for a certain time.
    08-01-2009 07:56 AM
    Aaargh. I would have like it to download and sync my iPhone early in the morning before I grabbed it on my way to work.

But, I suppose I cannot set up a timed sync either. I'll just have to push 2 buttons myself :-)
    08-01-2009 08:20 AM
    You could always try using the free MediaFly app for your podcasts instead. I listen to all my podcasts on MediaFly. (I even have MediaFly publish my podcast!)
    08-01-2009 10:52 AM
    If your computer is on and iTunes is open, you should see the new podcasts as iTunes refreshes and sees them.

Hope that made sense.
    08-05-2009 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD