iTunes freezing when I manually upload songs from my iTunes to my iPhone 3GS. Help!

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

I've never had a problem with this until a couple of days ago. Whenever I manually choose songs to upload from my iTunes library to my 3GS, such as whole albums, it starts to sync them, and then iTunes freezes and I have to force quit out of it. Does anyone know a solution for this? I'm running everything on my PC.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Sorry. I just thought that was funny. Uh not sure what to tell you though. When you figure it out. Be sure an post it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
How are you manually choosing the albums to sync? Did you create a folder and put the album in that then choose to sync that folder?

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Nope, I checked "manually manage songs & video" and I've been taking albums and shift + clicking them and then dragging them right into the phone.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Your click dragging them to the phone? Try dragging them into a folder you have made for the iPhone and then syncing the folder. You must be on a pc? I did not know that you could click drag directly to the phone.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I did not know that you could click drag directly to the phone.

That's how I do it as well, and yes, I'm on a PC.

When I'm at work I like to have the ability to play and control music through my PC, but all my music is on my home system. When the iPhone is set to automatically sync, and I connect it to my work PC, all the music is greyed out in iTunes and I'm unable to play it. However, if I set the iPhone to manually manage music at home, when I connect it at the office I'm able to play and control all the music directly through iTunes and out to the PC's speakers.

The down side to this is that you have to manually drag music and videos from your library to the iPhone, and you can no longer use the "Sync only checked items..." option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW