iTunes 8.2.1 Breaks Palm Pre Sync -- Who's at Fault?

iTunes 8.2.1 Breaks Palm Pre Sync -- Who's at Fault?

• BOTH! Palm shouldn't have done it, Apple shouldn't have broken it

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • NEITHER! In the tech game, everything changes

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • PALM! They shouldn't have hacked the system

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • APPLE! Way to alienate iTunes users who own Pre

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i don't believe palm ever allowed other manufacturers to use their desktop software back in the day... that whole thing screamed HACK...

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I think apple has the right to do what they want with their software. They became aware of the palm sync and they blocked it. I think apple is fully within their rights to block the palm sync.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I'd be upset if I were a Pre user but is anyone really surprised by this? If I were getting a Pre, I would have done so assuming that at some point iTunes connectivity could end. It's too bad for them but I really don't think anyone should be surprised or feel wronged by this.

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
There should be another option: I DONT CARE! Anyone buying a non-Apple device shouldn't expect it to work with iTunes. If it works, great, but if it doesn't you have nothing to complain about.

Also, the poll doesn't work on the mobile version of this site. You'd think a site dedicated to the iPhone would work right on an iPhone, right? Why not have a poll about who is to blame for that?

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Palm's at fault. Also didn't Apple state something about how it 'might' not work in the future when it became known that the Pre could sync with iTunes?

scaliasphone

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
No question, Palm is to blame. But at the same time I don't blame them for trying.

Um..."No question Palm is to blame." Really? Apple left the back door open. It was exploited. You might as well start blaming Apple for leaving iPhone software open to jailbreaking.

Back doors are left open and exploited. Think of it as technological evolution, or capitalism and innovation. If you want to hate on Palm, go ahead and hate on yellows0w, redsn0w, ultrasn0w, purplera1n, etc., etc.

I am a recent convert to Mac and the iPhone. I love their products. Absolutely love them. I just try to keep a certain level of objectivity.

scaliasphone

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, pretty much. Blame resides on the person doing the exploitation, not the exploited.

Man, I hope you never complain or go to the police if someone enters your house and takes your CPU, TV, wallet, stereo or, God forbid, kidnaps one of your children because you left the rear door open.

Snack on that.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Man, I hope you never complain or go to the police if someone enters your house and takes your CPU, TV, wallet, stereo or, God forbid, kidnaps one of your children because you left the rear door open.

Snack on that.

That was kind of rude, but ok. You analogy doesn't really fit here. It would be more along the lines of you having an alarm and $500 locks on all the doors and then a ninja comes down the chimney.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That was kind of rude, but ok. You analogy doesn't really fit here. It would be more along the lines of you having an alarm and $500 locks on all the doors and then a ninja comes down the chimney.

LOL... this literally made me LOL!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Um..."No question Palm is to blame." Really? Apple left the back door open. It was exploited. You might as well start blaming Apple for leaving iPhone software open to jailbreaking.

Back doors are left open and exploited. Think of it as technological evolution, or capitalism and innovation. If you want to hate on Palm, go ahead and hate on yellows0w, redsn0w, ultrasn0w, purplera1n, etc., etc.

I am a recent convert to Mac and the iPhone. I love their products. Absolutely love them. I just try to keep a certain level of objectivity.

Yeah, they left it open just for Palm... please... :rolleyes:

Palm saw a chance and they took it. Fine, but they knew this would happen. End of story.

And yeah, try not to be so rude to people on the forums, 30 posts and being rude... not too nice. Thanks!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Neither... Palm needs customers and being able to work with iTunes would bring some of those customers, so they had to try. Apple needs to retain them, so they had to break it. Apple needs to ensure their products are seamless and non apple products will be a hassle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro