I already have the 3.0 beta. but im trying to download the official version. but when i hit restore i keep getting this error message. saying that "There was a problem downloading the software for your iphone. the requested resource was not found." What should i do????

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    06-17-2009 06:53 PM
    I am having this same problem. I never upgraded my wife's iPhone (2.2.1) to the Beta, and it upgraded PERFECTLY. Everytime I try to upgrade MY iPhone (3.0Beta5) it keeps on giving me all sorts of errors, telling me that the resource was not there or something.

I DOWNLOADED THE OFFICIAL RELEASE FOR HER PHONE! Why cant it find it when I click restore?!?!?!?

Anyone care to help me?

I would even be happy if I knew where iTunes downloaded the file to, so I could unpack it and manually direct iTunes to install from that restore, ANY HELP would be appreciated.
    06-17-2009 08:22 PM
    If you're using Windows XP, you can find the firmware in

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

If you're using Windows Vista, look in

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
    06-17-2009 10:02 PM
    Dude - YOU ARE MY GOD.

Now, its literally as simple as "Shift+Restore" to the path that you lead me to, and its installing the correct OS instead of the GM.

You seriously just made my night man. For real.

THANK YOU.
    06-17-2009 11:19 PM
    No problem - however there is no difference between the GM and today's release. I did an MD5 hash for both and recieved the same value. If even one byte of data was different, I would have recieved a different hash.
    06-17-2009 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD