I noted the warning to "potential" jailbreakers that they should avoid upgrading to iTunes 8.2. If one is using a phone that is already jailbroken, is it OK to move up to 8.2 or should we avoid it if we are looking forward to a jailbroken 3.0?
    06-10-2009 09:29 PM
    If you are already jailbroken, then moving to 8.2 is ok. HOWEVER...if something goes wrong and you need to restore, you won't be able to re-jailbreak...
    06-11-2009 09:58 AM
    If you are already jailbroken, then moving to 8.2 is ok. HOWEVER...if something goes wrong and you need to restore, you won't be able to re-jailbreak...
    Help me Please....I upgraded iTunes to 8.2 accidentally last night and did a restore and am trying to jailbreak again on a windows PC using quickpwn 2.2.5.

Because I restored my iphone with iTunes 8.2 there is no way to jailbreak my iPhone 3G at all now?

Please help me....Please

Thanks

Patrick
    06-11-2009 12:13 PM

I updated the minute Apple sent me the notification- and had to undo it. All my music was still on the iPhone, but unreadable. Memory showed it as orange, meaning Other, not music. So, I had to uninstall iTunes, erase the library, find an older version of iTunes to reload, and restore my phone. And then re Jailbreak. Not a fun day!

Bottom line- don't go to 8.2!~
    06-11-2009 12:48 PM
    I updated the minute Apple sent me the notification- and had to undo it. All my music was still on the iPhone, but unreadable. Memory showed it as orange, meaning Other, not music. So, I had to uninstall iTunes, erase the library, find an older version of iTunes to reload, and restore my phone. And then re Jailbreak. Not a fun day!

Where did you find previous version on iTunes?
    Everything I find is 8.2

Thanks
    06-11-2009 12:59 PM

Yep same here ... had this frustrating prob yesterday .... man trying to re-load 8.1.1.10 after dishing 8.2 took 9 times trying before my break through. Yep don't go there sister! I tried 'Dino's' info with the beta 8.2 but iTunes auto converted to official 8.2 during setup! Couldn't stop it!
    06-13-2009 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD