iTunes Sync problems

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I just recently purchased a pc running Vista premium 64 bit. I am having trouble with my itunes syncing with my phone. When i plug my phone into my computer it recognizes that it is connected but does not pull up itunes automatically like windows xp used to on my old computer. Some times i cannot get itunes to recognize at all that the phone is connected. I have several podcasts that i subscribe to that i used to have download and sync automatically so they were ready when i get to work, no it is a battle just to sync. Any ideas??

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Make sure you've checked "sync automatically" otherwise you have to launch iTunes manually.

Also, not all USB ports are equal, some have more power, some are more direct. Try plugging your iPhone into different ports and see if you find one is more reliable.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. The problem is when i already have iTunes running prior to connecting my iphone. It works fine when i connect the iphone without iTunes running. I guess I will just have to make sure it isn't running and i should be fine.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've recently started having an issue syncing my wife's iPhone using iTunes 9 on PC running Vista. I can sync my phone as usual NO Problems... When I try and synd her's I can not sync her iTune's APP's all her APP's are loaded but I am unalbe to change any. (Check to sync or uncheck to not sync). Both iPhone's are 3G running 3.1.2 Both JB with Blackra1n. I have searched for any settings she has differently but have found none. Any Suggestions ?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I did NOT want to do it, but I created another Account on my PC for her (SOLELY) to Sync her iPhone. Question is aside from this direction, can one create seperate "Library's" in iTune's for multiple users and iPhone's? iTune's recognizes the different phone's, but it Won't load a Library for the iPhone currently teathered to the PC, which makes more sence to me

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I did NOT want to do it, but I created another Account on my PC for her (SOLELY) to Sync her iPhone. Question is aside from this direction, can one create seperate "Library's" in iTune's for multiple users and iPhone's? iTune's recognizes the different phone's, but it Won't load a Library for the iPhone currently teathered to the PC, which makes more sence to me

it's one library to one user account.

the phone connects to itunes which only loads the library of the current user account

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks flyingmember, I kind of figured that out. We only have ONE iTunes account for both iPhone's for purchasing purposes. My issue is that iTunes loads say 1 contact list and tries to sync both iPhones to that list causing havok. when we sync. I need to make sure the settings for wife's iPhone is set NOT to sync contacts. Otherwise it syncs her/my contacts with the other.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR