iTunes duplicate song

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
It seems that every time I update my itunes, it reloads my song library and leaves me with over a thousand duplicated songs. Does anyone know the best way to deal with this? I am sick of spending the hours that it takes to go through and delete all of the duplicates.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok, So for future reference...

If you have a situation like mine and you find your itunes over flowing with duplicates after some form of update or something else here is the best way to clear it up. Don't try to do it by hand, it takes forever, and you may end up deleting a song that is not a "duplicate" and just another version of the song you have (live recording for example).

If your situation is like mine, and these duplicates show up for no apparent reason one day, go to view, click view options and make sure that "date added" is checked. Go back to your itunes library and click the date added tab. This should bring all of these newly added duplicate songs right to the top to be easily selected as a group and deleted. Hope this saves someone the amount of time I wasted!

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Great tip and what a pain. When I had the Blackberry Storm for a 'whole entire' week, it did the same thing. I never could figure out the issue but fortunately I did not have a gazzilion songs either!

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Great tip and what a pain. When I had the Blackberry Storm for a 'whole entire' week, it did the same thing. I never could figure out the issue but fortunately I did not have a gazzilion songs either!

Yeah, having 4,500 songs is great until something like this happens. You never reilize how many random/pointless songs you have until something forces you to go through all of them...

A week from tomorrow I get my iphone and then I have the pleasure of going through my music once again to figure out what makes the cut. I really wish the 32GB was here now!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, having 4,500 songs is great until something like this happens. You never reilize how many random/pointless songs you have until something forces you to go through all of them...

I have over 17,000. You have no idea how many of mine are random!!!

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, if you have not heard it yet, you should check out the new Umphrey's McGee CD called Mantis. It is unreal! I suggest adding it to your 17,000,000 songs! :D

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
thats a great tip I have never had songs duplicate in itunes but if I do now I know what to do thanks a lot

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ahhhhh great topic!! I have a few duplicates & this will help!! Thanks!!

PS..One day, I hope to have as much music as you, Jamesus!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2