App Store: "Use iTunes or Wifi" situation

Megan

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
My sister just bought an iPhone and is trying to download the free dictionary app from the App Store. When she tries to install it, it gives her the msg saying that it is over 10mb and she needs to use wifi or iTunes to download it. I was trying to help set it up so that the app would download but couldn't figure it out, and now she's gone out of town so I can't help anymore.

Can anyone explain to me what is the easiest way to set up the wifi so that she can download the app and future apps?

Thanks for any replies :)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
You can either download apps to your iPhone directly, or you can download them to iTunes on your computer and sync them over.

If you want to download them directly onto your iPhone, you can do it over the 3G network (cell network like AT&T) or via a WiFi connection (your own personal wireless router at home, or at a WiFi hotspot at Starbucks or something).

On the 3G cell network, you can only download apps smaller than 10MB. If you want to download apps bigger than that, you need to be on the aforementioned WiFi connection.

You can connect your iPhone to WiFi the same way you would your computer (laptop or desktop):

Settings > WiFi

Find your router, choose it, then type in your WiFi password and you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen