Synchronizing itunes with iphone( working with turbo sim)

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi all. I have an iphone 3g ver. 2.1 and i am using it with turbo sim. Till now whenever i have to synchronize iphone with itunes i have to take out the turbo sim and my carrier's sim card then connect. As long as turbo sim remains inside the iphone it says itunes cannot connect with an invalid sim and insert a valid sim card.

Please suggest is there any way to synchronize with itunes without taking out the turbo sim. This turbo sim is very fragile and i don't want to take risk of damaging it by taking it out again and again.

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
You can synchronize your pc with SIM adapter iphone by right mouse clicking the iphone device in the left hand side menu bar of iTunes and selecting synchronize. You currently have your iTunes setup to automatically synchronize on connection to the pc. Turn off this feature and select manual sync. It should work. It works on my Rebel SIM. This won't fix that you can download straight from the app store, as that still says invalid SIM.

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I already have automatic synchonize disabled in itunes preferences. The problem is when i connect iphone with itunes it just does not connects the phone. Nothing can be accessed as it says invalid sim and put a valid sim or get a new sim from carrier. Only when itunes acknowledges the iphone device, i can do anything further.

aln143

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I am synchronizing my iPhone 3g (with TurboSim installed) by turning on the Flight Mode and then connecting to iTunes. iTunes will recognize it and it will synchronize. Obviously, you will have to take it out of Flight Mode and most likely reboot ur iPhone to get the signal back.

I came across this thread to actually find a way to synchronize without having to do this...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73