Just read the WunderRadio FAQ and thankfully they're aware of the problem and have submitted a fix to the app store (version 1.3). Phew!
    11-21-2008 09:56 PM
    Is there any way to do more than simply download podcasts directly to the phone? Is there a way to manage them, or at least delete ones you have already heard, or do you have to hook up to your computer, sync with iTunes, and delete them there?

Answered my own question -- the short right-to-left gesture to bring up a delete button works on podcasts too, so you can at least delete them when done.
    Last edited by gludington; 11-22-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Answered my own question
    11-21-2008 11:25 PM
    This is all preliminary (I just upgraded to 2.2 a few hours ago) but so far, so good. Safari DOES seem more stable and snappy. I'll see how it does on Facebook (desktop version)...
    Everything seems more stable and snappy in my case. For that alone the update is worth it's weight in gold. If you have not updated do so ASAP.
    11-22-2008 01:20 AM
    BA,

I have not had a single crash so far.

I probably just jinxed myself...
    11-22-2008 02:20 AM
    Hi,
    I have done the update and I observe that the battery life is tremendously better now. This is very good news!
    But I have a strange problem: when I tilt the phone to go to the landscape mode in Safari, it takes sometime to go there but when I want to come back to the portrait mode, it gets stuck in the landscape mode. I have to click the home button and click the Safari icon again to get back the portrait mode :-(

Do you observe this problem? Any idea? I am quite new to iPhone.

Best regards
    11-22-2008 08:09 AM
    I haven't seen that problem yet, Yildi, but I'll keep an eye out for it. I wouldn't worry about it, though, there's always some weird little things that pop up with updates. For example, I was getting a strange "checker-boardish" pattern when I first sync'd yesterday but it eventually went way.

I will say this in passing: if you aren't already, you should power off -- or soft reset -- your iPhone at least once a day to ensure that it's working properly (this is done by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button on top until you see the power off slider bar). Especially, if you install a lot of apps. I don't know how other people feel about it but that's what I do.
    11-22-2008 09:47 AM
    Thank you Tunnel runner! I will check newly installes apps then. Thanks for the tip, I have already thought about this, since SR was frequently necessary on my PPC phone too. ;-)
    11-22-2008 12:22 PM
    Friiggin-A- the update is awsome this far!!!!!!
    11-22-2008 12:38 PM
    I went ahead and update my 2G iPhone, mainly because I hate that darn spell corrector thing. Not having the 3G iPhone makes the new update almost nothing to me, o well...

I updated last night and ran into several errors. My thought was "da**, this is the 5th iPhone I've gone through" I however clicked on the help button in the dialog box and followed the things Apple said to do. In the end all I really needed to do was update iTunes.

I however found that the apps on my springboard is one page short....not sure what happened there, guess I'll have to go find the apps that are missing...it's never easy updating...

P.S. Yes I've gone through 4 iPhones in the last 8 months, ridiucoulous, no?
    11-22-2008 03:21 PM
    Definitely Safari is more stable. Things are smoother now. Anyone know what the iTunes update does. I didn't upgrade iTunes.
    11-23-2008 07:25 AM
    I will wait it out before drinking the koolaid. My iPhone has been flawless since purchased. I actually never jump on updates if all is already well...I just sit back and give it time to see if problems arise from others who took the plunge. I will only update right away if I have appearant problems, or it's a significant update with too many goodies to await.
    11-23-2008 01:36 PM
    Well, for me the very short battery life was a problem and the last update has nice consequences on this point... The overall stability seems better too. The small problem I have signalled had disappeared after a second soft reset.
    11-23-2008 02:38 PM
    I'm glad safari is more stable now, it seemed to be crashing most of the time before the update. Street view is pretty cool but sadly not yet available in the UK as is the transit info The most useful thing for me is the use of the home button to return to page 1 but the rest of it leaves me a bit "meh". Here's hoping the next update gives us some of the really useful features we keep wanting like SMS forwarding, MMS, cut/copy/paste, push notifications. Plus, I'd really like to be able to run apps in the background so I can listen to Wunderradio while using other apps.
    11-24-2008 10:18 AM
    I'm glad safari is more stable now, it seemed to be crashing most of the time before the update. Street view is pretty cool but sadly not yet available in the UK as is the transit info The most useful thing for me is the use of the home button to return to page 1 but the rest of it leaves me a bit "meh". Here's hoping the next update gives us some of the really useful features we keep wanting like SMS forwarding, MMS, cut/copy/paste, push notifications. Plus, I'd really like to be able to run apps in the background so I can listen to Wunderradio while using other apps.
    The simple fact that Apple let that cell carrier in Europe somewhere make their own MMS app tells me they have NO interest in adding MMS to the iPhone. Seems like it is not in the carriers hands.

(Sorry I don't know the exact carrier, it is on the front page somewhere though)

As for the rest of this update, it's pretty sweet so far. I have yet to have a single crash in Safari or any app for that matter. Very nice.
    11-24-2008 10:51 AM
    i did my update..and all seems well but i am having problems with my text messaging it running very slow
    11-24-2008 03:51 PM
    BA,

At this point, I've given up on MMS - in fact, I really don't care about it.
    It'd be nice to have but as far as my wish-list goes, it's at the bottom. The 3 things I want: copy/paste, turn-by-turn GPS, and video record. If Apple can get those 3 features into the iPhone, they'll essentialy have "the perfect phone.". Game over.

As far as the 2.2 update goes, I wouldn't say I'm crash-free, but I'm definitely crashing less. Baby steps. At least Apple is listening to us about our Safari concerns. An encouraging sign.
    11-24-2008 07:51 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD