iTunes could not connect to iphone

damhandstand

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
my phone is jailbroke with winpwn 2.5. but somewhere along the line something happened (like maybe one of the cydia downloads or something) so now that when i plug in the iphone to the comp, i get this messsage
"Itunes could not connect to the Iphone because an invalid response was received from the device."

any suggestions?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
my phone is jailbroke with winpwn 2.5. but somewhere along the line something happened (like maybe one of the cydia downloads or something) so now that when i plug in the iphone to the comp, i get this messsage
"Itunes could not connect to the Iphone because an invalid response was received from the device."

any suggestions?

What version of iTunes are you running? More info in needed to help you out. Firmware?

damhandstand

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
your sayin update my iphone to 2.1? i heard bad stuff about that. wouldn't that get rid of everything i already have on my phone? and where do i get qwkpwn 1.1?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes. Bad stuff? Like What? Yes, you would have to wipe your phone. For QuickPwn please check out the stickies at the top of the forum.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
I'm running with Mac, but I too had problems with trying to flash custom 2.1 ipsw (from Pwnage) to my device with iTunes 8. Following the normal upgrade process and then QuickPwn'ing totally did the trick. Just take iTunes out of the loop. :D

As long as Apple was going to keep farting around with trying to complete the SDK so developers aren't forced to jailbreak to write useful or interesting applications, you'd think they'd get OUT of the developer's hair and try to get to the point when we /could/ entirely rely upon AppStore for our needs. Way to go Apple!

drexsl

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have a 2G iPhone running 1.1.3, unlocked and jailbroken. I want to update to 2.1 using Pwnage 2.1
How do I start? Should I update to 2.1 using iTunes first and then go thru Pwnage?
Or do I go straight using Pwnage to upgrade, unlock, and jailbreak?
Please help. Thank you.

ApriLLL

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
No Itunes

OK i have the same problem. using windows xp, wpn 2.5 and running 2.0.2 firmware. How do i fix it? How can i load new firmware when i cannot access i tunes? how do i access my iphone files? I also read somewhere to delete the "lock down" files. What are these? Also any way to backup SMS on windows XP? thanks