iTunes Password Reset

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Problem:

I try to connect to the App Store, or iTunes on my iPhone. It tells me my password is incorrect, even though it is 100% correct, even though I just used it a few hours ago! What this means is i have to go to my computer and reset my password, which in itself is frustrating since i shouldn't have to in the first place!!

Solution:
You can visit this link = https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/wa on your iPhone, and reset your password on there!! Saves time, but doesn't solve my problem.

Question:
Why does this thing say my password is wrong randomly? Has anyone else run into this?? It's extremely frustrating, and has happened at least three times in the past week!!

Reactions: waqarisrar

TheAppleNerd

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I have the same problem

i run into the same problem, and every time i get home to call apple they are closed... always forget about it when they are open and remember when they are closed..

i have a jailbroken 3g 3.1 16gb iphone.. i wonder if it has to do with jailbreaking.. anyone else?

Dezorian

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Same problem

Same problem here, thanks for the soluation btw, helped me to download an app on the spot :)

Anyways, i too have jailbroken my iPhone so it could be related to that. Haven't got the problem with my jailed iPhone.

Corsulian

May 22, 2009
Visit site
I randomly got this today. My phone is not jailbroken.

I went into the iTunes store on my computer, clicked on my account (email address in the top right), clicked Edit Account Information, and just retyped in the same password I had before and saved the info.

After that, it worked fine.

tmarcello

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Same Problem!!

I'm having the same issue. 3G phone with new software upgrade; not jailbroken. When I go into to iTunes on my computer, I re-type my password and hit save. It worked fine after doing that last week, but now I keep getting it non-stop.

I can't update or download - very frustrating!

Last edited:

artsyfartsygyrl

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
So Effing Annoyed!!!!

I am so f-ing annoyed I created a whole user name so I can scream outloud at Apple.
Ever since I upgraded to 3.0, I get an error message that my iTunes password is incorrect. I can't download songs, apps, or anything. It is so frustrating, and I've spent COUNTLESS hours trying to fix the problem. Name it I've tried it.

What makes me mad is the fact that the Apple site doesn't even address this problem, yet it's widespread! Anyone who accessed iTunes with an AOL login will now how to apparently switch to an Apple ID. THANKS FOR TELLING US jerks.

Guess they'll only do something about it when they realize how much money they are losing. This phone has been a huge disappointment. No MMS? Who in this day and age doesn't have MMS functionality. You're freaking APPLE. Oh, and THANK YOU for FINALLY coming out with copy/paste - the most basic function on an Apple platform. Did it really take you 2 years to figure out how to do that?

I'm reaching my tolerance threshold and am seriously considering throwing out this hunk of junk and going back to Blackberry. Apple - I know I'm just one voice, but I think I represent MANY so you should maybe start listening to your fans, or they will soon become EXfans.

gdavison78

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Sign in/out

I had this problem, first try signing out and back in again if that fails go to the apple support page and look to change your ID or look for iforgot. I typed in the search bar you should be able to reset there.
I changed my Apple ID before I signed out so I hoping that all you have to do is sign out and back in.

Good luck and if any body has any luck with the signing in and out method let us know.

hanna

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
This is very basic, I have a new I Phone and was told to get and I Tunes password. I have been all over the website, where is the darn thing?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you sign up for one? It's not like it's sitting out on the web waiting for you. You need an iTunes account.

hanna

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I Tunes password

I plugged in my phone to the computer and went to the i Tunes website. A window did not come up on its own.

blabos

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Password problems !

i had a friend come over one day with his iphone so he could upload some of my itunes. i also have an iphone and had done the same thing previously so i figured this would be simple. wrong !

after he retrieved my songs, my iphone account on my phone would always read with his account name and request HIS password !!!

what i did to fix it today was
1. google my problem
2. visit this website

and although i couldn't exactly pinpoint my problem i checked out a few solutions the friendly posters had listed and i stumbled upon one that had mentioned to sign into your own itunes account, and while your phone is attached to computer, sign out. then sign back in and voila ! problem solved !

thanx,

Blabos

Last edited:

coolccnp

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
app store password not working

kept getting password invalid when trying to login to app store.
I noticed the email address was different than what I have on
file for changing password online so....

to fix:
>Settings
>Store
>Sign Out
>Sign In (entered correct credentials)

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday. Password was invalid!!!! I went back in and re-entered the same password in my account and now it works... must be a glitch somewhere down the line. I thought I was the only one who had the problem.

Thrahras

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ipod Touch

I Jailbroke my Ipod Touch and today i was listening to Pandora Radio. It then froze, I rebooted my Ipod and it said please enter Passcode but i did not have one set because I turned the Passcode off but when I go to enter the Passcode its incorrect. What do I do it is asking for a passcode longer than the regular 4 Digit passcode.... please help

Thrahras

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I Jailbroke my Ipod Touch and today i was listening to Pandora Radio. It then froze, I rebooted my Ipod and it said please enter Passcode but i did not have one set because I turned the Passcode off but when I go to enter the Passcode its incorrect. What do I do it is asking for a passcode longer than the regular 4 Digit passcode.... please help

*The Passcode it used to be*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner