2.0 Firmware now available to download (Not via iTunes though)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm wanting to give this a try but am worried I might have a similar problem how did you do the backup? Is there something in itunes other than hiting the synch button that will backup your data?

Thanks
Not to worry. iTunes is a very robust application; all our apps should be so strong. It knows when it is broken and it generally knows how to fix itself. Simply follow the prompts. The only issue is the time required to do it. Restoring the firmware is a matter of minutes but restoring all the data may take tens of minutes.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The update to iTunes will fix everyone's issues of not being able to update the phones firmware. Like I said it is a must. Have fun! Be sure to check out the iTunes remote app... very cool!

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I got my brother to install 2.0 on his iPhone, it got a little scary because the update took a really long time. Then when it was done the phone wasn't activated anymore and iTunes wouldn't recognize it. He had to restart his computer and re-dock the iPhone, then it started syncing everything back over. He had to do another sync again because apparently you need to tell iTunes to sync your apps over. Now he's got AOL's AIM app and Super Monkey Ball on his iPhone and I'm so jealous!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I am downloading 7.7. Thanks. I will report if that fixes my problem.

Working. Has gotten further than it got before. It is "preparing the iPhone for software update." This seems to be taking minutes, not seconds or tens of seconds. Updating. Nice progress bar, looks like minutes. Verifying. Updating firmware. No bar. Looks like it will more like "preparing" than "updating." Restoring the data is the time consuming step. Tens of minutes. 35+ minutes and counting.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Working. Has gotten further than it got before. It is "preparing the iPhone for software update." This seems to be taking minutes, not seconds or tens of seconds. Updating. Nice progress bar, looks like minutes. Verifying. Updating firmware. No bar. Looks like it will more like "preparing" than "updating." Restoring the data is the time consuming step. Tens of minutes.

Never said it was fast... ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner