2.0 Firmware now available to download (Not via iTunes though)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah just hold shift and then hit "Check for updates" then select the file you downloaded. Bam you are done. It does the rest.

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The file is grayed out when I choose check for updates in the iphone summary tab. If I unzip the file and browse my way through the resulting folder all of those are grayed out, too.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The file is grayed out when I choose check for updates in the iphone summary tab. If I unzip the file and browse my way through the resulting folder all of those are grayed out, too.

It should not be a zip file. You have to rename it to ?.ipsw?. That's what's creating your issue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Actually took a while. On top of that I'm using most of my 16 gig. Shockingly the apps took a while to load on the phone. Considering how small most of them are.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Does not go. Returns Error 5, leaves the phone in unusual state. Have to restore to 1.1.7 and restore data from backup. Have tried twice. Same results.

Sorry don't know what to tell you. I've installed on two iPhones and both times it has worked flawlessly. If your having issues just wait it out until it updates it via iTunes. Or maybe someone else can pin point your issue.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Sorry don't know what to tell you. I've installed on two iPhones and both times it has worked flawlessly. If your having issues just wait it out until it updates it via iTunes. Or maybe someone else can pin point your issue.
iTunes auto update date keeps slipping. Yesterday it went from 11 to 16 and today it went to 17. Have to keep checking manually.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Does not go. Returns Error 5, leaves the phone in unusual state. Have to restore to 1.1.7 and restore data from backup. Have tried twice. Same results.

I'm wanting to give this a try but am worried I might have a similar problem how did you do the backup? Is there something in itunes other than hiting the synch button that will backup your data?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods