itunes 7.3.1 is out

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
No idea what they changed.

Well, they updated both QT and iTunes.

They broke something in QT, so previous QT Pro version won't work (ex 4, 5, 6). So you have to have a QT 7 Pro key.

As far as iTunes, not sure.

But...

What does this take a 80MB download (55 itunes and 25 QT?)

No modular patching, etc. Sorta lame you have to download the whole beast and reinstall every time there is an update.

Sure, not biggie over fat pipe, but from hotspots (or EVDO) is can be a pain.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
itunes is slowly turning into its own operating system. it started going down hill around the time the ipod photo came out, and they decided it would be a good idea to have itunes-for-windows sync photos, too.

I can see why no modular downloads, though. When I was used to write software I never wanted to allow that sort of thing; much easier for me if they grabbed the whole thing at once each time, so I could be sure they had a consistent set of pieces. Yep, monolithic updates and "sorry, I can't replicate that issue" are a developer's two best friends.

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
No, they enabled a feature for everyone (full screen playback) that used to require a QuickTime Pro license. Because of this old Pro licenses aren't compatible, but QT 7 Pro license still work fine.

It requires the large download because it's really the full installers, not incremental ones.

Well, they updated both QT and iTunes.

They broke something in QT, so previous QT Pro version won't work (ex 4, 5, 6). So you have to have a QT 7 Pro key.

As far as iTunes, not sure.

But...

What does this take a 80MB download (55 itunes and 25 QT?)

No modular patching, etc. Sorta lame you have to download the whole beast and reinstall every time there is an update.

Sure, not biggie over fat pipe, but from hotspots (or EVDO) is can be a pain.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711