I bought an iPod Video 5th Gen and am in love

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My god, I’ve missed these. Biggest mistake Apple ever made was getting rid of the classic style iPod. I found it on eBay, seller refurbished with a new front plate and new battery but the rest of it is original and it works perfectly. $50 plus shipping. An iPod released in 2006 works better than my iPod Touch. And the sound - that Wolfson Chip.

I have a Touch 5th gen that is buggy as hell (slow as molasses to the point that I don’t have any apps installed on it whatsoever and it STILL lags like crazy and a million resets doesn’t fix it), Apple said nothing was wrong with it, and the video runs better than it does.

If Apple brought out another click wheel iPod with flash, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

ad111dcabd370b030006f906050ada60.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My god, I’ve missed these. Biggest mistake Apple ever made was getting rid of the classic style iPod. I found it on eBay, seller refurbished with a new front plate and new battery but the rest of it is original and it works perfectly. $50 plus shipping. An iPod released in 2006 works better than my iPod Touch. And the sound - that Wolfson Chip.

I have a Touch 5th gen that is buggy as hell (slow as molasses to the point that I don’t have any apps installed on it whatsoever and it STILL lags like crazy and a million resets doesn’t fix it), Apple said nothing was wrong with it, and the video runs better than it does.

If Apple brought out another click wheel iPod with flash, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

ad111dcabd370b030006f906050ada60.jpg

The classic iPod was indeed a marvel during its hey day. Nowadays, however, a good deal of people stream their audio and pretty much prefer to do on an all-in-one device instead of a dedicated music device like the iPod. I actually bought one a few years back for nostalgia purposes, but ended up getting rid of it shortly thereafter.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The classic iPod was indeed a marvel during its hey day. Nowadays, however, a good deal of people stream their audio and pretty much prefer to do on an all-in-one device instead of a dedicated music device like the iPod. I actually bought one a few years back for nostalgia purposes, but ended up getting rid of it shortly thereafter.

I’m using it for when I’m exercising so I’m not distracted by my phone. My Apple Music for the most part actually was able to be transferred over. Some did, some didn’t. But for when I want music with no distractions, it’s exactly what I wanted.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m using it for when I’m exercising so I’m not distracted by my phone. My Apple Music for the most part actually was able to be transferred over. Some did, some didn’t. But for when I want music with no distractions, it’s exactly what I wanted.

I hear you and I like the manner in which you are using it — when you don’t want to be distracted by your phone....

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
What astounds me is that it still works. I had a Creative Zen Vision M that came out around the same time. It liked to freeze randomly. It even spontaneously erased itself a few times. It stopped working about three years after I got it.

This thing has its original internals except for the battery and the lcd. The front plate was replaced but it’s the original click wheel. And it works. Perfectly. No issues with iTunes. No issues with freezing. Not laggy unless I skip a bunch of songs while playing (which makes sense due to the 32 mb cache). It’s 14 years old for crying out loud. And it’s a 5 so if I want to open it and convert it to flash when the hard drive finally goes, it’s not hard to do.

They don’t make em like they used to.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711