Ipod touch 6th Gen battery issues

Naheed87

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a used Ipod touch 6th Gen from one of my friend. I have noticed something really weird. When I restart the ipod the battery meter shows a red icon and stays like that for a about 2 mins. After 2 mins the actual level of the battery is shown. It also looses like 20% of charge even on standby. Also when I connect it to the charger, the battery meter jumps, suppose I connect the charger when the ipod is at 20%, It jumps to 40% instantly in a couple of minutes. I ran a diagnostic test with Apple Support and was told that the battery has passed the test. Do I have a defective battery or is this a software issue? Any Ideas?

Thanks.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I witnessed this same thing on my nieces iPod. It does appear to be a software issue in my opinion

bazn

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with the iPod touch now 3 time phone and tell  they have replaced it 3 times for me and I’m now waiting on a 4 coming so hopefully 4 time lucky but it’s been the 32g models having been the problem

Naheed87

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with the iPod touch now 3 time phone and tell  they have replaced it 3 times for me and I’m now waiting on a 4 coming so hopefully 4 time lucky but it’s been the 32g models having been the problem

I believe you may be right. I bought another Ipod touch 32gb from Kijiji and it is the same. Is there any fix as these ipods are not under warranty. I took it to a local store and all they did was factory reset. Have done that alot of times until I got fed up with it. Are you sure its only the 32gb models? I was planning to try the 16GB but if this is a ipod touch issue than it would be a waste of money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox