The battery and WiFi icons on my iPod aren't working.

xalexisschalkx

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
The battery on my iPod was getting low so I tried charging it. However, it would not charge on any of my chargers. So, I tried resetting it. Once reset, it showed there was not battery and it still did not appear to be charging. It has been hours and it still has not died after multiple resets. So it isn't really dead. After trying to get the battery fixed I realized that my WiFi had gone out. I tried going to settings to connect it but it wouldn't let me. So I pulled up the task bar thing and the WiFi button was all grayed out. I have tried resetting network settings but it didn't help. My iPod isn't totally updated but I can't update it without being connected to WiFi. Another problem is that my computer is a Chromebook so I don't think I can use iTunes to restore it. I don't have a phone so my iPod is my way of talking to people. If anyone could help me out as soon as possible that would be great!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and fix the issue with your iPod.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The wifi antenna may run under the headphone jack. Try cleaning that area and in the headphone jack of debris. Use a new toothbrush. The wifi antenna could be bad. I don't think Apple will replace that. There are some reputable repair shops that will.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I agree with Just_Me_D. The techs at the Genius Bar can better assist you. Even if your iPod is no longer under warranty, never take your Apple device to a repair shop that is not approved by Apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your modem/router for the wifi. Sometimes that works, even if other devices have no wifi issues.