iPod Shuffle what's the point?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Do we really need the iPod shuffle? When it is just so easy to put music on our phones (most of us have an iPhone OR an Android), that is a perfectly fine music player, plus for a bit more money you can get the FAR superior iPod nano OR iPod touch.

Navigation and music control is so poor on the shuffle also. I guess some people like it, BUT it's NOT for me!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I still have mine, but haven't used it in years. I'm keeping it for sentimental purposes (my husband had it engraved on the back by Apple).

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I want to try defend Apple's decision in keeping the shuffle but honestly the only reason I can think of is entry price point. Allowing as many people as possible to own an Apple product.

I would definitely agree the iPod Nano is the lowest you should go. The iPod touch would be even better since its got a lovely camera as well. :)

bazn

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
It can be used as extra storage when plugged in to a MacBook ! So who needs a USB when you got your shuffle lol

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It can be used as extra storage when plugged in to a MacBook ! So who needs a USB when you got your shuffle lol

I still use mine for music at my desk. I like having a device that's music only, no phone calls, no emails or text messages and no social media.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of people keep them for their children who they don't want to have phones. I believe some people use them as a device for exercising, who don't want their phones with them while working out.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I know a lot of people keep them for their children who they don't want to have phones. I believe some people use them as a device for exercising, who don't want their phones with them while working out.

I always thought the iPod Touch was a great device for that. Of course the savvy youngster can always use voIP apps to make phone calls. And many parents are just giving their kids phones anyways. Of course my brother's 11 year old breaks her phone every other month! Lol

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I always thought the iPod Touch was a great device for that. Of course the savvy youngster can always use voIP apps to make phone calls. And many parents are just giving their kids phones anyways. Of course my brother's 11 year old breaks her phone every other month! Lol

I was thinking a bit younger for the shuffle, but it does sound like a good device for your brother's 11 year old. No screen to break, though you do have the issue that it "easy" to lose.

My kids are all adults, but I can definitely see getting them something like a shuffle, to prove they are responsible, before letting them have a phone.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I can definitely see getting them something like a shuffle, to prove they are responsible, before letting them have a phone.

Great idea. :) Teaching kids to learn how to take care of things is a very important lesson and doing it with the iPod Shuffle could be a good start. It not only teaches then how to take care of things but also about keeping organised and not losing it. Would still like to see the Shuffle be offered in a 8 GB configuration but it is what is it :)

mrlyons8411

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I use it to run. Hate taking a phone with me and the shuffle works great! Don't even know it's there. I'm glad apple has kept it in their arsenal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner