I have had to put my iPod Classic in Disk Mode in order to restore..

arwsummerhayes

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
However I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. The iPod is displaying "Do Not Disconnect" and iTunes is not accessible as it is constantly showing the coloured wheel. Can someone tell me what is happening or is supposed to be happening.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To reset your iPod with a click wheel, follow these steps:

1. Slide the Hold switch to the locked position and then slide it to unlocked again.
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (or Select) buttons together until you see the Apple logo (about six to eight seconds). You might need to repeat this step.
If your iPod won't respond when you press the buttons or won't turn on, it might be paused or the Hold switch might be in the locked position. If so, you'll see a lock symbol on the screen. Slide the Hold switch to the unlocked position, then try again.
If you can't reset your iPod, follow these steps:

1. Put the iPod on a desk or table and try again. When you press the Center button, make sure not to touch the click wheel. Also, make sure that you press the Menu button near the outside of the click wheel, not near the center.
  2. Plug your iPod into a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
    You can also plug your iPod into your computer. Make sure that the computer is on and isn't set to go to sleep.
  3. Try to reset your iPod again.

Source:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204307

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73