I'm not getting amber alerts on my iPod 5th generation and I was wondering if there is a way I could get amber alerts on my iPod ????
    04-28-2016 08:23 PM
    Go to the App Store app on the device, type in "amber alert" in the search field, then take your pick of the results listed therein.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    04-28-2016 08:41 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Just as @Just_Me_D stated, there are plenty of Amber alert apps available in the App Store. The built-in Amber alert function in iOS is only available on cellular devices.
    04-28-2016 08:50 PM
    Since Amber alerts were added in iOS 7, I don't recall but maybe once having an alert.
    04-28-2016 10:58 PM
    Just a question, but do those amber alerts ring even when the phone is on DND mode or when switched to vibrate?
    04-29-2016 12:08 AM
    Just a question, but do those amber alerts ring even when the phone is on DND mode or when switched to vibrate?
    They'll ring no matter what... Wireless Emergency Alerts are supposed to be serious enough in nature to be allowed to do that...
    04-29-2016 08:47 AM
    Supposed to be yes. Just curious how serious Amber alerts were over there. Wondering if it's the only country that has them activated.
    04-29-2016 09:53 AM
    Supposed to be yes. Just curious how serious Amber alerts were over there. Wondering if it's the only country that has them activated.
    When a child disappears, it's very serious. Why would you think it not?
    04-29-2016 10:17 AM
    Never said they weren't. They aren't activated over here, that's all. Not sure what good sending an alert that overrides DND and vibrate in the middle of the night is going to accomplish anyway. Many I know have them deactivated for that reason. Those types of alerts are for natural disasters I would have thought.
    04-29-2016 10:28 AM
    Never said they weren't. They aren't activated over here, that's all. Not sure what good sending an alert that overrides DND and vibrate in the middle of the night is going to accomplish anyway. Many I know have them deactivated for that reason. Those types of alerts are for natural disasters I would have thought.
    They're separate. The only time the Amber alert has gone off here, it was daytime. I don't think Apple has a say so in this. Those alerts were part of a co-operative agreement between the cell carriers, law enforcement, and the National Center for missing children. It can be toggled off.

04-29-2016 02:04 PM
    I've only been back to the States once since they were introduced and I don't remember much about them. Thanks Ledsteplin for clearing it up.

Another quick question if you don't mind, do phones there have an early warning alert for earthquakes?
    04-29-2016 08:14 PM
    I've only been back to the States once since they were introduced and I don't remember much about them. Thanks Ledsteplin for clearing it up.

Another quick question if you don't mind, do phones there have an early warning alert for earthquakes?
    Only as part of the emergency alerts. Those include a wide array of disasters, natural or otherwise. But I would guess not much localized. It's my understanding these alerts are more widespread and put out by the feds. I don't think there have been any. Most fall under weather alerts.
    04-29-2016 09:12 PM
    We get amber alerts from time to time. It seems like it's always in the middle of the night and the sound emitted from mine and my wife's iPhones scares the life out of me every time.
    04-29-2016 09:22 PM
    We get amber alerts from time to time. It seems like it's always in the middle of the night and the sound emitted from mine and my wife's iPhones scares the life out of me every time.
    It's loud. It's the same alert sound I get with the Tornado app by the Red Cross.
    04-30-2016 05:43 PM