This may have been asked already, but I couldn't find it

CharlieL3

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I have had iPods since they first came out. After the second one replaced by Apple in two minths went bad, I bit the bullet and bought a 128GB iPod Touch. I don't care about any of the apps except for the Music app. I keep it in my car and use it to play music.

I connected it to the USB port in the car, and when I start the engine, the iPod does nothing except display the "Slide to unlock" screen, and the car's iPod display just shows "Loading." If I manually slide the screen to unlock it, start the Music app and press the Play button, it plays through the car, until I stop the engine. The next time I start the car, it goes through the same motions, except if I wait for it to load, the car's displau blinks "Unsupported." If I stop the engine and go through the same steps I did before to make it play in the car, it plays fine.

As I said, I don't care about any of the apps on the device. All I want is an iPod. So, how can I make it remember where in the playlist it was, and start playing automatically when the engine starts and supplies power from the car's USB to the iPod's Lightning port?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can only *assume* the problem lies with the car's hands-free setting. I don't have an iPod Touch, but all of the iPhones I've had that connected to my car's hands-free system began playing music as soon as I select the car's Media option or when plugged to the car's USB port, whether the lock screen was enabled or not.

CharlieL3

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I found many threads asking how to stop the iPod / iPhone from playing automatically, but I couldn't find anyone asking how to make that work. I have a Honda CR-V, and Honda cars were usually the ones that would play all the time. I would like it to simply play when I want it to.

CharlieL3

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I found the problem. When I first turned on the Music app in my car, the Bluetooth was running, and I got a message saying I needed to add Pandora to make the app work. I knew that wasn't true, so I closed the app (so I thought). It turns out that the app to load Pandora was still running (I've never had an iPhone, so I didn't know about double pressing the button to get to running programs). So when I did that and saw that the app was still running, I swiped up to close it, and the music started playing. Now when I start the car the music starts right where it left off, and I can choose other program sources, and come right back to music when I want, and again it picks up right where it left off.

Just_Me_D, thanks again for your quick response!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR