What do I do if my iPod fell into the toilet?

I

iMore Question

what to do if my ipod fell into the toilet?

I have an ipod 5th generation and it fell into the toilet for a probably 1 second or 2. I quickly took it out of the toilet but it was still on. I didn't think to take it off . When i pressed the home botton it was not coming on. Then I stared to shake out all the water out of it and I just have it hear laying in rice because I don't know what to do. I tired to turn it on probably 2 - 3 times but it wont come on. Is there anything I can do?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: what to do if my ipod fell into the toilet?

I have an ipod 5th generation and it fell into the toilet for a probably 1 second or 2. I quickly took it out of the toilet but it was still on. I didn't think to take it off . When i pressed the home botton it was not coming on. Then I stared to shake out all the water out of it and I just have it hear laying in rice because I don't know what to do. I tired to turn it on probably 2 - 3 times but it wont come on. Is there anything I can do?

Plan now to replace it. If it does not fail immediately, it will soon.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

If it has **** on it it will never be the same again.

VDub2174

Trusted Member
Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

If it happens again, turn it off and put it in a bowl of rice for a day or two. The rice will take out the moisture and will hopefully save the iPod.