Hi I am Android User who is interested in buying a IPhone next year when my contract ends.

I was wondering whether it is a good idea to try out an Ipod touch before so that I can test out and have a feel of the Apple ecosystem. This would be first time ever using an Apple product.

All help and advice much appreciated Thanks.

😀

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    linsiris likes this.
    09-28-2015 05:04 PM
    Hey there! and welcome

Yes I think it is a great idea, besides many of us started getting used to the apple ecosystem with iPods. Chances are that if you like it you'll be wanting more and that more is usually what comes with the iPhone. Also bear in mind that iPod touch is 4" and a slimmer (of course) the new iphones are 4.7" and 5.5".

I'm sure you'll enjoy using your iPod and don't hesitate to share your experience here
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-28-2015 05:34 PM
    iPod touch 5 got me to getting iphone 5c. I had an android phone running ice cream sandwich.
    linsiris likes this.
    09-29-2015 04:27 PM
    Hi I am Android User who is interested in buying a IPhone next year when my contract ends.

I was wondering whether it is a good idea to try out an Ipod touch before so that I can test out and have a feel of the Apple ecosystem. This would be first time ever using an Apple product.

All help and advice much appreciated Thanks.

the new iPods are great HOWEVER, I would buy an older one because the new ones are pretty expensive, and you can save up more for what you want
    shoaib shah likes this.
    10-13-2015 10:52 PM
    My first iOS device was an iPod touch 4th generation model. I think they're great "training wheels" for getting into the iOS ecosystem.
    11-17-2015 10:54 PM
    "I'll get an iPod Touch just to play a few games" I told myself. A few years later I am 100% Apple.

It will definitely give you a taste of the iOS atmosphere. Perhaps to much of one. They are good devices. Not a lot of people use them anymore because phones can do all the same things but they are still pretty sophisticated.
    11-18-2015 06:24 AM
    ye i started with an iPod touch 4th gen, nice and cheap of ebay think it was 20 quid, lets you get the feel of things very well and shows how well there dislays look, i know there not that hi spec but still look alot sharper and clear than a better res android does, iv still not gone on to a iPhone yet but iv gone onto macbooks now because of this, i will get a iphone when i can aford to next, soon hopefuly.
    03-19-2016 02:02 PM
    So after much consideration I will be getting an Ipod touch 6th generation soon.

If I like the way and feel of ios then my next phone will be an IPhone.

Also I am sick and tired of waiting for updates on Android and the carriers controlling devices.

Maybe in a couple of years time I will an Apple Jedi lol

😆

03-26-2016 12:59 PM
    So after much consideration I will be getting an Ipod touch 6th generation soon.

If I like the way and feel of ios then my next phone will be an IPhone.

Also I am sick and tired of waiting for updates on Android and the carriers controlling devices.

Maybe in a couple of years time I will an Apple Jedi lol

That was my first iOS device. Actually my first Apple device. I call it my gateway drug....
    shoaib shah likes this.
    03-26-2016 01:08 PM