iPod Touch 5 Battery Drain

andykay47

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have recently started noticing my iPod touch 5th generations battery starting to drain. I have the iPod on full/nearly full battery and I leave it over night. When I come back in the morning it's completely dead. What could this be? Any help is much appreciated, thanks 😀

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I am now running ios9

Let your battery die all the way. Then fully charge it back up. If that doesn't help, reset all settings. Then set up all your settings again. If that still doesn't help, a full wipe and set up as new might be needed.

Keep in mind it can take about 24-48 hours for a new OS to "Settle in". It's calibrating battery stats, etc.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

drmacintosh

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I can vouch for this. I have an iPod Touch 5th generation. About two months ago I noticed that my device would not proper charge. First, noticed the message on screen displayed Battery Level 20%. Plugged in lightening adapter to charge, the charge level immediately went to 50% then no sooner 100%. Disconnected charging cable, used my Touch 5th generation & after a while Battery Level 20%. This continuously happened for a while before with the lightening adapter connected the iPod Touch would show Not Charging connected to the computer or AC adapter. Jiggle the cable, disconnected the cable, tried another cable with 30-pin to lightening adapter before seeing onscreen the red battery plus lightening bolt go on then to a black screen fluctuate between the two. Contacted Apple & Technical Support told me that it could be the charging port or battery that could be the issue. Long story short, a replacement is what Apple did for me. Now I am back in business. This was my situation.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW