So I enjoy reading at night on my iPod touch 5 and iPhone. I was happy to see a way to further dim the bright screen using the accessibility zoom feature. But alas, there's a problem. When using that low light filter, my keyboard lags a lot. Like the keys get stuck. It's a system wide issue, not just one app. Running iOS 8.3 on both devices.
    04-11-2015 11:18 PM
    I'll try to replicate that on my phone. But in the mean time, leave Apple feedback on that issue. Did it happen before iOS 8.3?
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-12-2015 10:10 AM
    Thanks for the link. For now I guess I'll have to tolerate the bright screen while reading. 😁
    04-12-2015 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the link. For now I guess I'll have to tolerate the bright screen while reading.
    Which dark screen option did you use? Inverted, Grayscale, Grayscale Inverted, or Low Light? Did you try them all? I've used Inverted some at night in bed just for reading. It's OK, but it sure makes images look weird. It's a bit distracting. I wish Apple would offer a decent dark theme option we could toggle on and off. My eyes would appreciate it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-12-2015 07:12 PM
    I use inverted occasionally but like you said, it can get annoying. I was using the low light filter when the lag happens. Odd coincidence I've discovered, I also use a screen dimming app on my android tablet, and it lags the exact same way.
    04-13-2015 09:30 AM
    I use inverted occasionally but like you said, it can get annoying. I was using the low light filter when the lag happens. Odd coincidence I've discovered, I also use a screen dimming app on my android tablet, and it lags the exact same way.
    I sometimes use the low light filter on my 6+ so I tried it out while typing this post. It does seem to lag a bit. But it's still mostly usable. I think it happens because it basically needs to render the screen twice. Once with the regular screen layout and once again to apply the filter. And when you are typing, portions of the screen are rapidly changing as it shows the pinup of each key you tap.
    04-13-2015 12:39 PM