Welp, I find it pointless..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
iPods aren't cool anymore? LOL I remember when they were bleeding edge and the kids who did have them were awesome. Oh times, how they a-change. I mainly only use mine to take pictures though, not as a music player. I'd be happier with some sort of iOS smart camera

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPODs are not iPhones, and thus there is no reason for many people to get newer models every year, and thus the probable reason for the low sales. I'm sure Apple understands that, but I could be wrong. You have deemed the iPOD obsolete. Okay, great. Others disagree, however, but instead of saying okay, you appear to want to prove yourself to be right, hence the last two sentences of your previous post. You could very well be right, but until Apple decides to no longer produce iPODs, your opinion is the same as ours - an opinion.

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
iPODs are not iPhones, and thus there is no reason for many people to get newer models every year, and thus the probable reason for the low sales. I'm sure Apple understands that, but I could be wrong. You have deemed the iPOD obsolete. Okay, great. Others disagree, however, but instead of saying okay, you appear to want to prove yourself to be right, hence the last two sentences of your previous post. You could very well be right, but until Apple decides to no longer produce iPODs, your opinion is the same as ours - an opinion.

Well they have been declining with updated models and the Ipod is an Iphone except without calling.

Here, visit the link below, Ipods have been declining since the Iphone has came out. So it's again slowly dying out like I said earlier.

? Apple: iPod sales 2006-2014 | Statistic

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well they have been declining with updated models and the Ipod is an Iphone except without calling.

Here, visit the link below, Ipods have been declining since the Iphone has came out. So it's again slowly dying out like I said earlier.

? Apple: iPod sales 2006-2014 | Statistic

So are Apple's tablets. They owned the space a few years ago. They're still solid, but not like the first year or so. Should Apple stop making them, too? SMFH

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I still use my 160GB iPod Classic in my car even though I have so many phones that could do it's job somewhat. Why somewhat? I can have my entire 105GB Music collection on the iPod plus tons of podcasts. It's not about not needing that much music, it's about what I might want to listen in the future.

I never cared about the iPod Touch because you have to look at the screen to use it. As for the current iPods, they will probably keep them around for a few more years but not update them just like they did with the Classic.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
With all the financial success that Apple has had over the last few years they can afford to keep making and even updating a device that's not a big seller anymore.
It's not like further development of the iPod is going to put them out of business. They can develop a waffle maker if they wanted to and not get hurt. With a market cap of 754 billion dollars they got options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgough305

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I still use my 160GB iPod Classic in my car even though I have so many phones that could do it's job somewhat. Why somewhat? I can have my entire 105GB Music collection on the iPod plus tons of podcasts. It's not about not needing that much music, it's about what I might want to listen in the future.

I never cared about the iPod Touch because you have to look at the screen to use it. As for the current iPods, they will probably keep them around for a few more years but not update them just like they did with the Classic.

Me too, I was disappointed to hear Apple discontinued making the iPod Classics now. I leave mine in my car with 12k songs

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
That's a lot of songs! How do you even listen to all of those? Lol

I have 23,000 songs on my Mac most from iTunes. Last year I spend over 13,300.00 on music (not joking). That wasn't all iTunes some of that was records and CDs too but probably 9,000 was just last year on iTunes.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
LOL... I'm 42 and I still use an iPod touch AND an iPod classic. I bought my iPod touch in June 2013, about a month before I turned 41, so it's kinda silly to say that people don't use them anymore (kids or otherwise). I just bought an iPhone 5S earlier this month and don't see it replacing my iPod touch. The iPod is just a different niche. But different strokes for different folks. Not everyone is going to see value in the same things.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Clearly sales have declined. That being said though there is very little competition out there. At least viable competition. There are many reasons why one would want to purchase the iPod, eliminate eating space on their primary device, not exposing their primary device to damage(gym, running, etc), etc. There are reasons and as long as those reasons are there people will continue to purchase them. Its only when Apple deems them no longer cost effective that they will no longer make them. All of us debating here is pure speculation.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's been a good 5-6 years since I've seen a BB in the wild. Not many people are getting them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Recent comments are living up to the title of the thread...Enough.

Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)
  • Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh