Imagine an iPod touch...

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I believe FreedomPop has a device that actually allows you to use your iPod touch as a phone. So this idea isn't quite so far fetched! ;)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Not that it's far fetched, just that the 32GB iPod touch is $299 I believe, and you can grab a similarly spec'd iPhone 5 for less with cellular obviously. You would still need to buy freedom pop sleeve for the touch to get cellular.

Not arguing the logic, just commenting on price I guess.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't see it ever happening due to people not needing an iPhone on a contract :( they would be able to call over wifi hotspots etc. Apple would probably lose money ( not that it's an issue due to the profits reported recently ).

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Apple isn't making a new iPod touch because i expect that they want people to join the iPhone program. They will never put cellurar on iPods :p

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Maybe not as far fetched as some people think with the rise of subscription music services. I imagine that eventually most electronic devices will have mobile broadband.

Whether the iPod survives to that time is another question. Most people that would use a touch are using an iPhone instead.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not as far fetched as some people think with the rise of subscription music services. I imagine that eventually most electronic devices will have mobile broadband.

Whether the iPod survives to that time is another question. Most people that would use a touch are using an iPhone instead.

This is the most intelligent comment that I have read today...I agree 100%.

Moto-Edge

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been using mine without cellular service as a "Wi-Phone" forever, and just only recently finally got my first proper smartphone. It's served me well for that purpose and saved me TONS of money over the years. To answer your question, no. I wouldn't upgrade it for one with 4G/LTE or whatever they're calling it these days.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol. I made the same exact thread about this when I was a new member here and noticed something. There is an iPad with cellular because people might need to do work on the big display while on the go. But the iPod is the same size as an iPhone so it would be pointless.