i want to buy an ipod touch 5 cheap and i found one on ebay that is icloud locked i didnt know if i could just put it in dfu mode and retore it with itunes. will it take it off or will it stay?
    11-28-2014 11:17 PM
    I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole. Probably stolen. You would need the ID information.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-28-2014 11:30 PM
    i want to buy an ipod touch 5 cheap and i found one on ebay that is icloud locked i didnt know if i could just put it in dfu mode and retore it with itunes. will it take it off or will it stay?
    Hmmm, wonder why its so "cheap". Maybe the seller knows something you dont - like that its stolen and hell make a few bucks offloading it as an iPod, when, in fact, its just a paperweight.
    11-28-2014 11:36 PM
    You can DFU this, but it may require the Apple ID and password from the iCloud account it is locked to in order to complete activation
    11-29-2014 07:46 AM
    I wouldn't buy it if I was you, most likely stolen. I don't think you can unlock it because the 5 unlike prior models have better security features especially if they has at least iOS 7 on it. Save your money boxing day sale is right around the corner or just wait till say January, I'm sure they would have better discounts plus you would have a warrantee to fall back on if anything happens. I never buy second handed electronics but thats just me , I like the security of a warrantee.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    12-04-2014 08:44 PM