Setting up a new Apple Account for my sister

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My sister is turning 13-years old and she just got her first email and Apple ID for an old iPod Touch 4th Generation that I gave to her. I am wanting to know if there is a way to get the apps, games, and music that were on my Apple ID and transfer them to her Apple ID.

I'm not near the iPod (in a different state going to University) but I will be during one of the breaks but I don't want to wait until then to get this resolved.

Is there anyway to get the stuff transferred from my Apple ID to her's?

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand the apps are linked to YOUR Apple ID. I'm assuming if you give her device you will be wiping it and setting it up as new? If you do that, you would have to re-download all the apps she wants. The free ones would be free, but the paid apps would need to be paid for again. About 95% sure that's the case. Other option is if to look into the new Family Sharing feature in iOS 8. Not exactly sure how that works but may allow you to share apps?

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
From what I understand the apps are linked to YOUR Apple ID. I'm assuming if you give her device you will be wiping it and setting it up as new? If you do that, you would have to re-download all the apps she wants. The free ones would be free, but the paid apps would need to be paid for again. About 95% sure that's the case. Other option is if to look into the new Family Sharing feature in iOS 8. Not exactly sure how that works but may allow you to share apps?

It wasn't. She had it for a while but I did have her wipe it when we set up her Apple ID a few days ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

She can't use that cause the iPod isn't getting the 8 update. It is stuck on the iOS 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
She can set up the ipod with her id. Let her use your apple id for her iTunes and app store.

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner