How to Message Non Ios Users and WIFI confusion??

Kittycake

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok so i been thinking of getting an ipod touch 5G, and im confused about somethings and i want to know before i buy. Ik you can only message Ios users on imessage, but how can u message Non ios users?? Like my mom doesn't have a smart phone, just a brick phone, but she might wanna txt me. Idk how i can recieve her txt and or send messages to her? Is there anyway? And i have wifi at my house but if i leave, to school for instance, Will i have no internet connection? Because im away from my house or? Pleaseee help^-^ THX!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The only way to text non-ios users would be to use a third party app such as Text Free. There are apps like this one in the app store that assist with this, but after your run out of your initial free uses, it will likely cost money after that to use. You can research by googling Text Free and reading about it and similar apps.

You would be able to text your mom using this type of a service only. However, for any type of texting to work, you must be on wifi. Even this type of app relies on carrier data connection when not on wifi and since this is an ipod touch, you would not have a carrier data connection for it to use.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The only way to text non-ios users would be to use a third party app such as Text Free. There are apps like this one in the app store that assist with this, but after your run out of your initial free uses, it will likely cost money after that to use. You can research by googling Text Free and reading about it and similar apps.

You would be able to text your mom using this type of a service only. However, for any type of texting to work, you must be on wifi. Even this type of app relies on carrier data connection when not on wifi and since this is an ipod touch, you would not have a carrier data connection for it to use.

Does SMS Relay work with an iPhone & iPod Touch, if both devices are running iOS 8.1?

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i been thinking of getting an ipod touch 5G, and im confused about somethings and i want to know before i buy. Ik you can only message Ios users on imessage, but how can u message Non ios users?? Like my mom doesn't have a smart phone, just a brick phone, but she might wanna txt me. Idk how i can recieve her txt and or send messages to her? Is there anyway? And i have wifi at my house but if i leave, to school for instance, Will i have no internet connection? Because im away from my house or? Pleaseee help^-^ THX!

If you've got an iPhone that supports iOS 8 you can use SMS Relay with an iPod Touch 5th gen, I've been sending & replying to messages from my mum most of today from my iPod Touch 6th gen & she uses a Motorola Moto G while I use an iPhone 4S & 5th gen iPod Touch.

Roland

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices