iOS 8 on iPod Touch 5.

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Anybody updated their iPod Touch 5 to iOS 8?? How was the experience?? How is it running on ios 8 so far?? First impressions??

Posted via the iMore App for Android

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPod Touch 5 should run iOS 8 about as well as the iPhone 4S does. Internally it's very similar to an iPhone 4S, but has a higher screen resolution so the GPU is pushing more pixels. Performance should be quite similar.

Blomsternisse

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
It seems to work fine for me too. The search "view" is a bit laggy though.

It also took me three installation attempts before it actually installed correctly. Total time wasted was around four hours. 😕

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for replying...Has anybody noticed any significant changes in battery life??

Posted via the iMore App for Android

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Touch finally, found it a bit slower than before..turned on Reduce Motion and Increase contrast and now it is as good as 7.1.2 or maybe better..just started playing with it so can't say about battery as yet ..all in all its working just fine..

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Touch finally, found it a bit slower than before..turned on Reduce Motion and Increase contrast and now it is as good as 7.1.2 or maybe better..just started playing with it so can't say about battery as yet ..all in all its working just fine..

Is your Touch still going great on iOS 8? My 5c is working great with 8 so was thinking of updating my Touch too to take advantage of added features. How's the battery life?
Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Is your Touch still going great on iOS 8? My 5c is working great with 8 so was thinking of updating my Touch too to take advantage of added features. How's the battery life?
Thanks in advance. :)

Anytime buddy....well before I say anything about touch s performance,let me clear that first that I hardly used touch on iOS 7.1.2 for fifteen twenty days only and I have no previous experience with any Apple iOS devices..after updating to iOS 8 1) I found it a bit slow.but like I said I turned on Reduce Motion and Increase contrast and now I think it is as smooth as iOS 7.1.2 2) I restarted it after updating and playing with it for some time and that helped with the speed and app loading delays too..3) found couple of bugs a) yesterday I couldn't pull down notification centre or pull up action centre from home screens, a restart helped b) my battery was at 25% and I opened a game (BB Racing ) and within 10 minutes, it ate up the entire remaining battery ..but I don't think it was games fault..i think there was some bug 4) cause right now my battery usage is showing 5 hours 20 minutes of active usage and 15 hours 30 minutes of stand by time after last charge..and I still have 63% of battery juice left ...and I think it's great ..but I ll update this after this charging cycle ends completely cause I have a doubt that battery dies down quickly once you hit 20%...hope this info will help ...cheers..

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Anytime buddy....well before I say anything about touch s performance,let me clear that first that I hardly used touch on iOS 7.1.2 for fifteen twenty days only and I have no previous experience with any Apple iOS devices..after updating to iOS 8 1) I found it a bit slow.but like I said I turned on Reduce Motion and Increase contrast and now I think it is as smooth as iOS 7.1.2 2) I restarted it after updating and playing with it for some time and that helped with the speed and app loading delays too..3) found couple of bugs a) yesterday I couldn't pull down notification centre or pull up action centre from home screens, a restart helped b) my battery was at 25% and I opened a game (BB Racing ) and within 10 minutes, it ate up the entire remaining battery ..but I don't think it was games fault..i think there was some bug 4) cause right now my battery usage is showing 5 hours 20 minutes of active usage and 15 hours 30 minutes of stand by time after last charge..and I still have 63% of battery juice left ...and I think it's great ..but I ll update this after this charging cycle ends completely cause I have a doubt that battery dies down quickly once you hit 20%...hope this info will help ...cheers..

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll wait for a while and update then. Hope you're having a great time with your Touch. :)

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
updates on battery performance..i think it's excellent in stand by timings and for music..anything internet and gaming is not bad as well...ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411986052.869085.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411986067.940294.jpg

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my iPod 5G 64GB to iOS 8 today and this are my experiences.

Advantages/pros:
+ new features
+ I feel that i'm good with the latest update
+ improved user interface
+ When you apply a hard reset and delete some apps and disable spotlight than you're device is almost as fast like iOS 7 ( i can't rate the speed at the moment since i haven't used the speed for more than one day )
+ some more things that i haven't discovered yet.

Disadvantages/cons:
- It's a bit slower than former iOS version, but that is probably fixable by following the recommendation i wrote above.
- you can't go back to former iOS version.
-/+ not more yet

Will discover more now....

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the ios 8 betas and the GM on my iPod touch and I can say it runs ios 8 well. I can't get the battery life I use to cause my battery is almost 2 years old and has gone though alot of usage but its still pretty good.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2