I have never expected this from Apple..total disrespect to my privacy..how can they force enter any music in my music queue..I wish I could sue them..horrible advertising or promotion or whatever this is...Wow...why should I listen to U2??-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410358285.291337.jpg
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    09-10-2014 10:11 AM
    I have never expected this from Apple..total disrespect to my privacy..how can they force enter any music in my music queue..I wish I could sue them..horrible advertising or promotion or whatever this is...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410358285.291337.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	349.0 KB 
ID:	64266
    Apple did not force anything on you. If that song is in the iCloud account, you, are someone with access to your iCloud account put it there.
    09-10-2014 10:24 AM
    So you mean my account is hacked ?? Already ?? Within a week??
    09-10-2014 10:31 AM
    actually mine when i went to Itunes was showing downloaded automatically without me even clicking to download. not sure how that happened
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-10-2014 10:32 AM
    This is absolutely Apple 's doing.. Cause I don't share my account , ids or passwords with anyone..and I don't even like U2 and I never did anything in iTunes Store or anywhere else... And going by your info I think my iCloud is hacked ..then it's horrible breach of security... Anyway I am pissed and not liking this...
    09-10-2014 10:37 AM
    See, I am not alone !
    09-10-2014 10:41 AM
    Delete it and move on. It was a gift.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    09-10-2014 06:41 PM
    Yes. How dare Apple make an album download available to all users as a gift. What an invasion.

*RME*
    09-10-2014 10:51 PM
    This is the last straw, I'm now boycotting anything Apple for giving me free things. I'm appalled that they would do something so terrifyingly horrible and downright disgusting!

That's it I'm calling all my lawyers and I will never rest until all of Apple and all their products are eradicated from existence!

YOU HEAR ME APPLE, I AM COMING FOR YOU AND YOUR SOUL!!

09-10-2014 11:04 PM
    So you mean my account is hacked ?? Already ?? Within a week??
    You ARE NOT hacked. It was a free gift, and totally optional download. I'd actually recommend it, pretty decent album.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-10-2014 11:15 PM
    You guys are real " fanboys" ...I know album is free for download but this is my device and I will decide weather I want anything on my device or in my cloud storage , not Apple...it shows they have access to my cloud and that's creepy... I think some of you even put Apple before themselves...Apple isn't God come on..accept this is just wrong..have some self respect and don't just bow down accept whatever Apple do to your account and devices.
    Smply_Rcklss likes this.
    09-11-2014 12:38 AM
    I was actually surprised by this too .. I searched the album and it said downloaded I never downloaded it .. I'm all for free stuff but I thought they would just make it free to download not pre load it in my purchased section .. I still had to download it to my device but it auto showed as purchased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-11-2014 04:35 AM
    It is definitely not cool. Do you know how I can delete it from my music?

akshaypn likes this.
    09-11-2014 04:48 AM
    Well thats a bigger issue, I am yet to find a way to delete this ..I think I have to download it first then delete it..I am still living with clouds in my library..
    09-11-2014 05:00 AM
    I can't get rid of the five songs downloaded on my iPod ...Can anyone help me with this...please...
    09-11-2014 05:24 AM
    Just swipe right to left on the song to delete. If you go to iTunes you can permanently delete from iCloud.

All just ungrateful in my opinion. It was only a gift. Do you all react like this when you do Secret Santa at work when you get a rubbish gift?
    AppleKarma likes this.
    09-11-2014 06:40 AM
    You guys are real " fanboys" ...I know album is free for download but this is my device and I will decide weather I want anything on my device or in my cloud storage , not Apple...it shows they have access to my cloud and that's creepy... I think some of you even put Apple before themselves...Apple isn't God come on..accept this is just wrong..have some self respect and don't just bow down accept whatever Apple do to your account and devices.
    This gift doesn't show that Apple has access to your cloud. They basically just processed a purchase transaction for you and it downloaded because you have it set to automatically download purchases. For my iPhone which I do not automatically download it just showed up as a purchase and didn't download. On my Mac which does automatically download, it did download.
    09-11-2014 07:38 AM
    Well I don't want somebody else to complete the purchase transaction for me..when I am listening to my music I don't want my device to automatically stream any random music out of nowhere..from now on I ll be more careful about those settings though but still that damn alb um shouldn't be in my playlist on its own...BTW I am still stuck with 5 songs and I don't get delete option when swipe from right to left on these five songs..I am confused where they are stored..and I am sorry I don't buy this secret Santa thing when I can clearly see this Santa has some vested interest in gifting this...
    Last edited by akshaypn; 09-11-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    09-11-2014 07:49 AM
    U2s latest album is already on your iOS device because Apple told you itll put it there sort of
    http://bgr.com/2014/09/11/u2-auto-do...hone-and-ipad/
    09-11-2014 07:50 AM
    Lol.
    09-11-2014 09:42 AM
    I'm set to auto download and I STILL had to manually download the album.

Talk about over the top dramatic flouncing. Good lord. I'll admit it's entertaining to read though...
    LockOnTech and AppleKarma like this.
    09-11-2014 09:45 AM
    Did YOU decide that you wanted the following pre-installed apps on your device or did you simply accept it and continued to use your device?

Calendar
    Reminders
    Mail
    Safari
    Notes
    App Store
    iTunes
    Calculator
    Maps
    Voice Memos and a few more?
    AppleKarma likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:06 AM
    I am sorry I don't buy this secret Santa thing when I can clearly see this Santa has some vested interest in gifting this...
    Santa gave you an App Store with the hopes of you buying apps from it. How many apps have you purchased or even downloaded from Santa's App Store adding to Santa's vested interest?....
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-11-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    09-11-2014 10:09 AM
    Well I don't want somebody else to complete the purchase transaction for me..when I am listening to my music I don't want my device to automatically stream any random music out of nowhere..from now on I ll be more careful about those settings though but still that damn alb um shouldn't be in my playlist on its own...BTW I am still stuck with 5 songs and I don't get delete option when swipe from right to left on these five songs..I am confused where they are stored..and I am sorry I don't buy this secret Santa thing when I can clearly see this Santa has some vested interest in gifting this...
    If it shows the cloud next to them, then IT IS NOT DOWNLOADED it just means it's there available if you ever want to download it, as someone already said, go check your settings (settings --> music --> disable the "all music" option) so it will only show what you have already downloaded, not what has been purchased and not downloaded.

Is not "fanatism" when you understand that what they did was just the same as let's say an example: it's your birthday, you had a party and someone bought you a gift they thought you'd like, but turns out you (are more complicated than they thought and) didn't like the gift. So what are you gonna do? Don't use it, throw it away or whatever but it's there and you can't return it.

Also keep in mind that it's not YOUR cloud, it's THEIRS, they just give you a little piece for free, or you can pay for extra room, but still it's theirs, they own the house, you just own the phone. Welcome to the 21st century.

And to finish...give the album a try, it's very good as expected from a band like U2, the songs so meaningful and the sound, you don't have to be a super rock lover to actually like it, kudos to them.

09-11-2014 10:21 AM
    I can't stand U2 myself but it's a gift.
    I'm Dutch, so I'm genetically obliged to accept it.

Seriously though, if you don't want it, don't download it.
    If you don't want to see it, uncheck the option in Settings > Music on your iPhone/iPad/iPod/iRaq and remove it in iTunes.

The fact that it's added right to iTunes just makes it easier for the vast majority of the people to access it.
    09-11-2014 10:52 AM
117 123 ...