Wow...why should I listen to U2??

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Health app getting all my activity data without me signing up for it would be ethically wrong ...This is MY device after all...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Call it over dramatic or whatever you like but when I am listening to my music I expect to listen to my music which I have loaded on my device ..I don't like when some album starts streaming itself ...and now I am not even able to delete it.. As for the other start up essential apps ,yes I use it cause I need them for their functionality.. And I very well paid for this device and I have right to use it however I wish..I absolutely want freedom to choose what goes into MY device..I am never a fan of Bloatware and that's why I don't like OEM s like Samsung who stuff up CONSUMER s devices with such things..some people might like all the Bloatware too so it should always be the consumers choice...anyways listening to U2 s music doesn't serve me any purpose..and I absolutely don't want it...the five songs I was mentioning are still there and there is no cloud symbol beside them..iTunes on my PC doesn't show them and I don't get the delete option by swiping right to left...and yes all of those who are mocking me needs to get aware about their rights,individualism and sense of real freedom ...And I have already paid at least 250$ to Santa s coffers and I am willing to pay more if Santa behaves and don't barge into my device via cloud chimney...

Do you throw presents at people if they give you something while screaming that you didn't ask for it therefore they were hacking your life?

Good lord. It's a free album you choose to download or not. It's not Ebola for criminies sake.

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I wish I was naive enough to accept anything as long as it's free and naive enough to accept it at the cost of my privacy ,security and against my will...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish I was naive enough to accept anything as long as it's free and naive enough to accept it at the cost of my privacy ,security and against my will...

Dude, seriously? How much longer are you going to whine about this?

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Dude I seriously want to stop..but if someone is coming at me with sarcastic remarks and all then I ll reply again and again just to let everyone know that I am still holding on to my ground..

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude I seriously want to stop..but if someone is coming at me with sarcastic remarks and all then I ll reply again and again just to let everyone know that I am still holding on to my ground..
Oh I see. You created a thread here at iMore complaining about Apple pushing the U2 album to your device without your permission instead of complaining directly to Apple. In that initial post, you asked the question, "how can they force enter any music in my music queue"? Well, when you ask questions, people will answer, but it is not guaranteed that the answers you receive will be to your liking. In this case, many of the answers weren't. Now, instead of being the bigger person and accept the fact that you initiated the conversation which garnered various replies and criticisms, you want to have the last word under the guise of holding your ground when there's really no ground to hold because what Apple did is done and what you did in response is done.

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Dude, just stop. Srsly.

You are whining about a FREE GIFT. It is NOT an invasion of privacy. Apple did not sneak into your house and install the items on to your device, they made them available to you via iTunes IF YOU WANT to download them. It was a free gift. gratis. for nothing... If you don't want them just have a coke and a smile, move on with your life and don't look back.

Sheesh...

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes , I agree I started the thread and I asked the question and I was really hopeful that community members would at least understand my point ..is that a crime?? And I was and still am open to criticism and /or opposite view..so far I don't remember disrespecting anyone cause there is no need for that..maybe I was expecting some unbiased or more favourable replies, that's certainly not a crime too..all in all I don't base my thinking on people's opinions ,or popular votes so I really don't mind standing alone with my conviction...but you are right I should take this to Apple directly and we might have stretched this a little far but certainly that wasn't whining and I wasn't looking for support but just views and i got it..you are also right what's done has been done and it's futile to discuss this on a fan site..but hey I said what I really felt like cause I can as a member of this forum...and cause i really expect the best from Apple..nothing short...good night ...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes , I agree I started the thread and I asked the question and I was really hopeful that community members would at least understand my point ..is that a crime?? And I was and still am open to criticism and /or opposite view..so far I don't remember disrespecting anyone cause there is no need for that..maybe I was expecting some unbiased or more favourable replies, that's certainly not a crime too..all in all I don't base my thinking on people's opinions ,or popular votes so I really don't mind standing alone with my conviction...but you are right I should take this to Apple directly and we might have stretched this a little far but certainly that wasn't whining and I wasn't looking for support but just views and i got it..you are also right what's done has been done and it's futile to discuss this on a fan site..but hey I said what I really felt like cause I can as a member of this forum...and cause i really expect the best from Apple..nothing short...good night ...

You certainly were whining.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol..and you certainly are a blind fan boy...

That has nothing to do with this. If it was Google that had given you a free album of music, and you were whining about it, I'd tell you to get over it and move on. You had automatically download music on, so it's 100% your fault. Apple really doesn't have anything to do with that.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Lol..and you certainly are a blind fan boy...

Omg are you still crying about this!? Smfh...

8y4etege.jpg

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I will use a quote from one of my kids from work when he doesn't want to eat anymore. "Can I be done?"

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You said "good night." I had hoped you would take the higher ground and stop this but it seems like you must have the last word. I don't care if you respond to this; In fact I fully expect you to. However, I will ask that this thread gets locked as it's clearly leaving a bad taste in your mouth and going nowhere fast. I'm sorry you feel like this, I truly am, but the fact that people disagree with you is part and parcel of life and you shouldn't take it as personally as you seem to be doing.

I wish you all the best though.

If it's any consolation, I had this show up on my device but if I go into Settings > Music and I select the 'Show on Device' option, the album goes away completely.

You can even hide it in iTunes too. On your computer, go to the iTunes Store > Quick Links > Purchased. Select 'Not on this computer.'
Voila, hidden.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Well stated, sir, and no one is disputing you for expressing yourself. You were ticked off. We get that. Not a problem. The dispute we have is with you stating that what Apple did with the U2 album gift was an invasion of privacy. That's all. Anyway, always express your opinion but in doing so know two things: 1) Not everyone will agree with it and 2) know when to let your opinion stand as-is...:)....Take care, man.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox