Dude I seriously want to stop..but if someone is coming at me with sarcastic remarks and all then I ll reply again and again just to let everyone know that I am still holding on to my ground..
    Oh I see. You created a thread here at iMore complaining about Apple pushing the U2 album to your device without your permission instead of complaining directly to Apple. In that initial post, you asked the question, "how can they force enter any music in my music queue"? Well, when you ask questions, people will answer, but it is not guaranteed that the answers you receive will be to your liking. In this case, many of the answers weren't. Now, instead of being the bigger person and accept the fact that you initiated the conversation which garnered various replies and criticisms, you want to have the last word under the guise of holding your ground when there's really no ground to hold because what Apple did is done and what you did in response is done.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-11-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    09-11-2014 07:42 PM
    Dude I seriously want to stop..but if someone is coming at me with sarcastic remarks and all then I ll reply again and again just to let everyone know that I am still holding on to my ground..
    Dude, just stop. Srsly.

You are whining about a FREE GIFT. It is NOT an invasion of privacy. Apple did not sneak into your house and install the items on to your device, they made them available to you via iTunes IF YOU WANT to download them. It was a free gift. gratis. for nothing... If you don't want them just have a coke and a smile, move on with your life and don't look back.

Sheesh...
    linsiris likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:08 PM
    Yes , I agree I started the thread and I asked the question and I was really hopeful that community members would at least understand my point ..is that a crime?? And I was and still am open to criticism and /or opposite view..so far I don't remember disrespecting anyone cause there is no need for that..maybe I was expecting some unbiased or more favourable replies, that's certainly not a crime too..all in all I don't base my thinking on people's opinions ,or popular votes so I really don't mind standing alone with my conviction...but you are right I should take this to Apple directly and we might have stretched this a little far but certainly that wasn't whining and I wasn't looking for support but just views and i got it..you are also right what's done has been done and it's futile to discuss this on a fan site..but hey I said what I really felt like cause I can as a member of this forum...and cause i really expect the best from Apple..nothing short...good night ...
    09-11-2014 08:25 PM
    Yes , I agree I started the thread and I asked the question and I was really hopeful that community members would at least understand my point ..is that a crime?? And I was and still am open to criticism and /or opposite view..so far I don't remember disrespecting anyone cause there is no need for that..maybe I was expecting some unbiased or more favourable replies, that's certainly not a crime too..all in all I don't base my thinking on people's opinions ,or popular votes so I really don't mind standing alone with my conviction...but you are right I should take this to Apple directly and we might have stretched this a little far but certainly that wasn't whining and I wasn't looking for support but just views and i got it..you are also right what's done has been done and it's futile to discuss this on a fan site..but hey I said what I really felt like cause I can as a member of this forum...and cause i really expect the best from Apple..nothing short...good night ...
    You certainly were whining.
    09-11-2014 08:26 PM
    Lol..and you certainly are a blind fan boy...
    Smply_Rcklss likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:28 PM
    That has nothing to do with this. If it was Google that had given you a free album of music, and you were whining about it, I'd tell you to get over it and move on. You had automatically download music on, so it's 100% your fault. Apple really doesn't have anything to do with that.
    Les74 likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:31 PM
    Omg are you still crying about this!? Smfh...

the_tech_eater likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:32 PM
    Omg are you still crying about this!? Smfh...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/12/8y4etege.jpg
    Do you know that you just invaded my privacy because you posted that picture and because I'm on iMore I saw it?!?
    leanneverett95 likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:33 PM
    I will use a quote from one of my kids from work when he doesn't want to eat anymore. "Can I be done?"

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-11-2014 08:35 PM
    You said "good night." I had hoped you would take the higher ground and stop this but it seems like you must have the last word. I don't care if you respond to this; In fact I fully expect you to. However, I will ask that this thread gets locked as it's clearly leaving a bad taste in your mouth and going nowhere fast. I'm sorry you feel like this, I truly am, but the fact that people disagree with you is part and parcel of life and you shouldn't take it as personally as you seem to be doing.

I wish you all the best though.

If it's any consolation, I had this show up on my device but if I go into Settings > Music and I select the 'Show on Device' option, the album goes away completely.

You can even hide it in iTunes too. On your computer, go to the iTunes Store > Quick Links > Purchased. Select 'Not on this computer.'
    Voila, hidden.
    09-11-2014 08:37 PM
    Well stated, sir, and no one is disputing you for expressing yourself. You were ticked off. We get that. Not a problem. The dispute we have is with you stating that what Apple did with the U2 album gift was an invasion of privacy. That's all. Anyway, always express your opinion but in doing so know two things: 1) Not everyone will agree with it and 2) know when to let your opinion stand as-is.......Take care, man.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-11-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:46 PM
    Be assured i am taking everybody's views as it is and not personally...and all those who just want to have fun with memes or sarcasm , they can have all the fun but they can never change my views or opinions.....and I can understand you must have not read the entire post but my second major problem was Five of the songs were stuck somewhere in between and I couldn't delete it without downloading it first..and that was frustrating...and lol goodnight again...
    Highrisedrifter and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-11-2014 08:52 PM
    That last comment is a reply to Mr. Highrisedrifter...goodnight all again..
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:57 PM
    You guys are real " fanboys" ...I know album is free for download but this is my device and I will decide weather I want anything on my device or in my cloud storage , not Apple...it shows they have access to my cloud and that's creepy... I think some of you even put Apple before themselves...Apple isn't God come on..accept this is just wrong..have some self respect and don't just bow down accept whatever Apple do to your account and devices.
    Apple may not be god, but you should at least realize it was a gesture of good will. Maybe they should've given you grammar lessons. Last time I checked you don't stop... in the middle... of the sentence... and put an ellipsis... Your not the lady from the old Prē commercials
    the_tech_eater and kataran like this.
    09-11-2014 09:21 PM
    Your not the lady from the old Prē commercials
    Oh my nightmares are starting over again
    boovish likes this.
    09-11-2014 09:34 PM
    I didn't like how they pushed it out .. Kind of sneaky .. They did it to hit a record .. But is what it is ..

I wonder of Tim Cook has a free App Store on his phone that has every movie game etc under his purchased section lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:04 PM
    If you're trying to convince me that the stuff I store in my cloud is safe, don't open up my cloud without permission. A gift on my doorstep is one thing. A gift that you left in my house, after letting yourself in, is something different.
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:07 PM
    Enough everyone!

I could type out the ordeal we went through to have the U2 album be hidden on our devices, and may if you wish. Hint: It was not the simple fix that worked for many people.
    Let us just leave it as it was probably not the most elegant way Apple could have rolled this gift out.

I would also add, that when you try to make fun of someone's grammar, make darn sure you didn't make any mistakes yourself.

akshaypn likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:31 PM
    Just feeling like updating that I followed some news and tech blogs relating to this incident and I am really glad that i am not alone..so many people didnt like this way of receiving "gift"..and I think there is enough uproar in media and social media that hopefully Apple will not repeat it's this mistake again in future..peace...
    09-12-2014 09:45 AM
    Just feeling like updating that I followed some news and tech blogs relating to this incident and I am really glad that i am not alone..so many people didnt like this way of receiving "gift"..and I think there is enough uproar in media and social media that hopefully Apple will not repeat it's this mistake again in future..peace...
    I had no doubt that others felt the same way, and there's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, take care and enjoy your weekend...
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-12-2014 09:53 AM
    Hi. I dont have an iPhone but know you like me to give my input. Other media sources are also reporting that settings may have been changed, by Apple, to default to dl automatic purchases as the U2 album was foisted on you. As here, many others disagree, without being in any position to argue.

Also: U2? Seriously! Who would not have prefered the money instead? If they reportedly paid a 9 figure sum, that could have been spent on something to have the fans crowing, like sapphire screen or whatever.
    akshaypn likes this.
    09-13-2014 04:28 AM
    09-14-2014 10:52 AM
    OP - WHY are you spreading misinformation on the Windows Phone Central site?

Thoughts on Apple s free U2 album gift !!! - Windows Phone Central Forums

You couldn't from iCloud and your purchase history unless you pay for iTunes Match... And yes some people who have auto download option on could not even delete it from their iDevices by swiping from right to left... There was no delete option for this albums songs like you get for other songs in your library.. Spooky sneaky and tech fail all at once...

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    There was no iMatch purchase required to delete this. It really is starting to feel like a personal agenda that you've embarked upon. And the spreading of outright misinformation is absolutely unnecessary.
    Les74 likes this.
    09-14-2014 11:45 AM
    Hi. I dont have an iPhone but know you like me to give my input. Other media sources are also reporting that settings may have been changed, by Apple, to default to dl automatic purchases as the U2 album was foisted on you. As here, many others disagree, without being in any position to argue.

Also: U2? Seriously! Who would not have prefered the money instead? If they reportedly paid a 9 figure sum, that could have been spent on something to have the fans crowing, like sapphire screen or whatever.
    Attachment 64747
    09-14-2014 11:51 AM
    For the record apple owns your iCloud account you don't. They have given you free access to it. Even if you pay for space, they still own the data you put on it. You don't have to use iCloud at all.
    09-14-2014 02:30 PM
117 12345