Will Apple make a future iPod Touch?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Don't they usually get announced during the iPhone event in September?

I meant that the OP would know soon enough if there is going to be a newer version.

Sent from my iPod touch using iMore Forums

They used to be in September, until the 5th generation iPod Touch. :)

But I see what you are saying. Soon enough we'll see a new iPod Touch

Ronin64

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I hope they will release one with the bigger screen of the rumoured iPhone 6. As a developer I use a couple iPod Touches as dev units instead of buying a more costly iPhone. For example the iPod Touch 5th gen has the same screen as the iPhone 5 except a little slower. So if my app runs great on the iPod I know it will run as good or better on the faster iPhone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope they will release one with the bigger screen of the rumoured iPhone 6. As a developer I use a couple iPod Touches as dev units instead of buying a more costly iPhone. For example the iPod Touch 5th gen has the same screen as the iPhone 5 except a little slower. So if my app runs great on the iPod I know it will run as good or better on the faster iPhone.

That would be nice. I'd even consider picking one up, even though I'm not a developer. :)

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Apple would not have to do much to it; just keep the same case and upgrade the SoC to A7, get the 802.11AC and that pretty much it! All Apple has to do is cut and paste a new board from the iPhone 5S components!

Cost would be very inexpensive.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I own both a note and a iPhone. With that said I love my note for more things than my iPhone. One thing I do enjoy about the iPhone is my familiarity with the mp3 UI. I don't think it warrants me using my iPhone over my note. So when I get my insurance replacement one day I will go back to using my iPod touch as my primary media device.

I feel like there are a lot of people like me that like the music aspect of iOS so they will continue to buy iPods.

Last edited:

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I have just ordered one today..I don't know weather Apple will refresh the iPod touch line or not but its a great inexpensive device to taste Apple world..I am WP fan but I recently added an Android Tab and now IPod Touch ..I think they should continue this Touch line..

Posted via the iMore App for Android

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Though honestly I am still thinking over my this decision... I should have waited for sometime I guess..Do you guys feel this is still a good device to have and it ll serve me good for at least couple of years more....would it be able to handle iOS 8 ?? I am just looking for some reassurance from the community!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Though honestly I am still thinking over my this decision... I should have waited for sometime I guess..Do you guys feel this is still a good device to have and it ll serve me good for at least couple of years more....would it be able to handle iOS 8 ?? I am just looking for some reassurance from the community!

Well it's going to be updated to iOS 8 so we only have a month left to see.

Sent from my iPad

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I had the beta on my iPod touch and it ran good, not great but good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

akshaypn

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the beta on my iPod touch and it ran good, not great but good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

It does run smoothly on iOS 7 right ?? That would be good enough for me ...and I ll update it to iOS 8 only after reading all the reviews and after Apple optimize it for the touch.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope it would be like a China Phone with a TV without connecting to the internet, so that i can still follow all my fave shows using my ipod..

Apple TV, just connect to a router, doesn't need to connect to the internet to use Airplay

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It does run smoothly on iOS 7 right ?? That would be good enough for me ...and I ll update it to iOS 8 only after reading all the reviews and after Apple optimize it for the touch.

It does run as smooth as iOS 7 but since it's still a beta I'm waiting for the GM (gold master) release before I give my final assessment.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk

stanlm2

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope the ipod touch will continue to be updated. I like that it does less, a pleasant simplicity.. and I manage my connectivity outside the device anyways (wifi/hotspots). don't even carry a phone anymore..

Ry

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope the ipod touch will continue to be updated. I like that it does less, a pleasant simplicity.. and I manage my connectivity outside the device anyways (wifi/hotspots). don't even carry a phone anymore..

With the iPod touch being a step below the iPhone of that generation, support usually gets cut off earlier. :(

tmb2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well,I must say I was hoping that the updated store today would just have updated iPods. Apart from the Classic being killed off, no such luck. Guess I will go ahead and just buy the current version Touch.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I might consider buying an iPod 6 if they release one. I'd probably get the 16 GB model and use it as a remote for an Apple TV and an extra music device for going running or hiking :)

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I got a 5th gen iPod Touch 16GB Slate Grey last Friday, & iOS 8.1 runs perfectly fine on it.

Roland