Hey there guys and gals!

So, I am doing something that some and if not all of you might think is crazy. But I'm getting rid of my smartphone! :b I have a Moto X right now, but I'm about to drop my contract, get an old burner phone, and be done with it!

Only thing is, I love music. I don't want to get an iPod touch or any new one, but I plan to get an ipod for my music since I won't have a phone that is as capable to play music as this one is. I was thinking about going back to a classic or an old nano. My only thing is, can I? I don't use iTunes because I don't have an apple device right now, but if I do download it it is going to be at the iOS 10.57292-20392 whatever it is. Is there anyway to get an older iPod that's on an older iOS and it still work?

Thanks I'm advance guys.

Blake

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    06-17-2014 03:07 AM
    It would just be dependent on how old the iPod is. The older it is, the more you run the risk of potential software incompatibility. But anything made in the last couple years or so should be fine.
    06-17-2014 05:11 AM
    The reason for buying an old iPod is not very clear can you purchase a new one the cost of a Nano is not very expensive
    06-17-2014 08:03 AM
    The reason for buying an old iPod is not very clear can you purchase a new one the cost of a Nano is not very expensive
    Well the old iPods(6th generation)go up to 160gb so maybe that's one consideration. As for iTunes, I'm sure there must be 3rd party software that can put music onto it. Maybe ifunbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-17-2014 08:08 AM
    I still use my 4th and 5th gen Nanos quite a bit. So far so good.
    06-18-2014 12:07 AM
    I'm getting away from the technology. I just want an old iPod for my music. So no, I do not really want to buy a new nano. So what I'm hearing is that I will need to use a different program. Alright, thanks guys!

06-19-2014 09:35 PM
    I'm getting away from the technology. I just want an old iPod for my music. So no, I do not really want to buy a new nano. So what I'm hearing is that I will need to use a different program. Alright, thanks guys!

I use my old iPod 80gb Classic almost daily. Still runs beautifully and has TONS of room yet for my music for years to come.
    06-22-2014 08:51 PM
    Any iPod other than the iPod Touch can't run iOS. You should look at an iPod Classic. Apple is still selling them and they come with a lot of memory.
    06-22-2014 09:06 PM
    I use my old iPod 80gb Classic almost daily. Still runs beautifully and has TONS of room yet for my music for years to come.
    Yeah, I figured this was gonna be about my only option. Which is fine because I do like the Classics. So much space, haha
    06-25-2014 07:39 PM