Find My Friends for ipod touch 3rd gen. Help!

michelleyyyy

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently just started using my old ipod touch 3rd generation. I had already installed find my friends to my ipod before. but when i started using it again, i decided to completely erase it and restore it to factory settings. i did not back up anything because i figured i didn't need anything on it, it was pretty much empty anyways. when i tried to reinstall find my friends, it says i have to update my device to ios 7, but my ipod 3rd generation only goes up to ios 5. Is there anyway I can download the old find my friends version to install on my ipod touch?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

michelleyyyy

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Dang. How would I know for sure if I do or don't have a back up of it? Not sure where to look on iTunes. I remember charging my iPhone on my old computer, which was an ios 6 at the time. Is there any possibility it could be on there? and if so, where?
Thanks for replying!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever backed up your iPod to iTunes before? If so, was the version of the Find My Friends app you need installed at the time of the backup? If so, just connect your iPod to that computer, and select restore, and then restore from that backup. I assume you haven't made a backup in a while so I assume the backup you would be restoring would contain the app you seek. If the old computer you mentioned was a Mac, you may find backup folders that are dated, and could possibly help you determine which backup, if more than one, could be the one you need. ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

michelleyyyy

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just saw on my old computer that an iPhone was backed up on september 17th, 2013. this backup would contain the old find friends app. but, would i be able to restore all of those onto my ipod 2g or 3g?
nothing else is backed up unfortunately.

edit;
by the way my computer is a PC, not a mac :/

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just saw on my old computer that an iPhone was backed up on september 17th, 2013. this backup would contain the old find friends app. but, would i be able to restore all of those onto my ipod 2g or 3g?
nothing else is backed up unfortunately.

edit;
by the way my computer is a PC, not a mac :/

As long as that backup was of iOS 5.1.1 or older.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

michelleyyyy

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
As long as that backup was of iOS 5.1.1 or older.

Pretty sure the backup was of ios 6 :( my ipod touch is ios 5!

I have read somewhere that you are able to install an app back into itunes and then drag and drop it in a sync. Is this true? The ios versions are different but the find my friends app is the same! The app would work for ios 5, but the iphone backup is ios 6.
Jeez, this would be so much easier if apple just made older versions available to download for older devices.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the backup was of ios 6 :( my ipod touch is ios 5!

I have read somewhere that you are able to install an app back into itunes and then drag and drop it in a sync. Is this true? The ios versions are different but the find my friends app is the same! The app would work for ios 5, but the iphone backup is ios 6.
Jeez, this would be so much easier if apple just made older versions available to download for older devices.

Well if you have an old version of the app on your computer you should be able to install that on to your iPod touch.

For older version of app download that's up to the developer to allow that.

michelleyyyy

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well if you have an old version of the app on your computer you should be able to install that on to your iPod touch.

For older version of app download that's up to the developer to allow that.

Well, the app is only in the backup, not my computer itself. So I am assuming it is pretty much a lost cause? Or Is there any way to retrieve an app individually from a backup to install it on the computer to then sync it on my ipod?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, the app is only in the backup, not my computer itself. So I am assuming it is pretty much a lost cause? Or Is there any way to retrieve an app individually from a backup to install it on the computer to then sync it on my ipod?
No, there isn't. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711