Stuck in soft DFU, can't restore

daniel1016

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! This is my first post here! Well before I begin this I will tell you some things you might need to know:
1. I am using an iPod touch 4th gen.
2. The iPod is running 6.1.5
3. The home button is broken
Ok well this all started yesterday. I attempted to jailbreak my iPod, but since the home button didn't work I needed to create a DFU ipsw in order to enter DFU. So I did just that. I restored my device, it went into DFU, I managed to jailbreak, etc. The thing is that every time I turned off my iPod it went into DFU mode, which got annoying. So my sister locked my iPod and it somehow turned off. I read before that in TinyUmbrella there is a fix recovery option, so I tried it (It supposedly fixes DFU mode). This is when it happened. My iPod got stuck into soft DFU! I tried restoring, but it showed an error 1601. So I went to a different computer and I was able to restore today. Then I re-jailbroke my iPod. It worked fine until the Just Boot option in redsn0w. Redsn0w crashed during the booting and my device AGAIN went into soft DFU mode. Now I tried to restore and nothing, I kept getting error 1601. I tried the other computer which I managed to restore last time and it got the same error. I have a bad feeling I'm stuck in soft DFU. Please help me!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Find a place that can repair the home button or repair on your own using tutorials that can be found on the iMore blog... Once you have a fully functional device... Restore, jailbreak, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal