WI-FI problem on Ipod Touch 5

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I have a question..I'm having problems with WI-FI on my Ipod Touch 5 since yesterday..it worked fine till then. The question is this:
When I connect to my friends WI-Fi accros the street it works fine and it connects but when I try to use my own WI-FI it shows it's trying to connect but it doesn't.

I called my internet provider and they said I should get a router..do you think this will help and get my Ipod Touch to have WI-FI again?

and if yes could I get something like this one Portable Wireless Router TP-Link TL-WR702N or do I need to get something bigger???

and cause I'm total pc ***** :) how do I connect the router then?

Thank you..sorry for the long post

Last edited by a moderator:

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The way WI-Fi was set up..the guy from the internet operator came brought the box, connected it (power, internet cable) and then I used cable internet on my pc (cause it's a bit older so it doesn't have wi-fi) and WI-Fi worked fine cause I used my Ipod Touch every day and you can only use WIFi on it and the WIFI also worked in the upper apartment. Then I wake up on Saturday and the pc internet works fine but I can't get a conenction on my Ipod touch (it tries toconnect but nothing happens)..I still have to check if wifi works upstairs..but my smart phone is at a repair shop so I can't check today.

I called my internet provider 3 times..everytime they say we can't do a thing buy a router..I just can't understand how things can work fine and then one day overnight BUM WIFI gone!!!!!

and all the lights on the box from internet provider are green so everything there seems to be ok and it's working..

I'm just lost with this...my main concer is that I buy a routher and then still nothing happens

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unplug the device that provides internet service to you from the wall socket and turn OFF your iPod Touch. After about 30 seconds or so, plug in the internet device and turn on your iPod Touch. After the lights are all green again on the internet device, try accessing the internet via your iPod.

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
But the device is working fine that's the thing..they won't change a working box..everthing seems to be working fine all the lights are green (Wireless, Data, Internet and Broadband)..so there's nothing wrong with the box

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But the device is working fine that's the thing..they won't change a working box..everthing seems to be working fine all the lights are green (Wireless, Data, Internet and Broadband)..so there's nothing wrong with the box

Can any other device access the internet on your Wi-Fi network? If so, then I would agree, but if not, then I'd be standing in line at the service provider's office and demanding they swap out the device. If the Wi-Fi connection is only affecting your iPod Touch then try the following:

1. Enable Airplane mode on your iPod Touch for about a minute. Afterwards, try to reconnect to your Wi-Fi.
2. If that doesn't help, go to Setting>General>Reset and then select "Reset Network Setting". Afterwards, reboot your iPod Touch.
3. If that doesn't help, go to the aforementioned and select "Reset All Settings".
4. As a last resort, connect your device to iTunes, back it up, put it in DFU mode and restore it.

Again, the above procedure is recommended *IF* your iPod Touch is the *ONLY* device having trouble accessing your Wi-Fi network.

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing..I have to wait till tomorrow to check if the wifi is working in the upper apartment...I would try to check with my smartphone but it's in the repair shop atm so I have my old phone that has no internet on it..have to wait and see that..

But I already tried step 1 and 2 with no luck..the 3 and 4 you can't do without wifi cause you have to turn off (find my Ipod touch) on the Ipod and for that you need WIFI so it doesn't work!!!

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
She's not home atm so yeah bad luck..for now I'll have to wait till tomorrow and see then what the deal is..if wifi also doesn't work on other devices then something is def. wrong....

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So if I read this correctly your iPod touch can pickup the wifi signal from the modem but it won't connect to it right?

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
yes it shows that it's trying to connect (the little weeal on the left side is moving) but nothing happens but as soon as i choose another connection it connects

moni8181

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I wanna thank all the people who responded to my question..we found the problem..the modem had a difect so they exchange it and now everything works fine :)

So thank you again to all :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen