Good morning. A coworker asked me if I would repair his cracked screen on his 3rd gen iPod Touch. I told him a price and he agreed. I ordered a 3rd gen digitizer, sat down today to replace it and found that his iPod is a 2nd gen Touch. The digitizer ribbon cable lays differently off each screen. But if I can get the digitizer to connect to the logic board, will it be possible to snap the screen back in without breaking the ribbon cable? Will a 3rd gen replacement screen work on a 2nd gen Touch?

Thank you for your assistance.
    05-05-2013 10:13 AM
    As I do not dabble in cell phone repairs, I cannot answer this question for you, but I am sure someone will have the answer for you soon.
    05-05-2013 10:15 AM
    Good morning. A coworker asked me if I would repair his cracked screen on his 3rd gen iPod Touch. I told him a price and he agreed. I ordered a 3rd gen digitizer, sat down today to replace it and found that his iPod is a 2nd gen Touch. The digitizer ribbon cable lays differently off each screen. But if I can get the digitizer to connect to the logic board, will it be possible to snap the screen back in without breaking the ribbon cable? Will a 3rd gen replacement screen work on a 2nd gen Touch?

Thank you for your assistance.
    I don't believe the screens between the two generations are interchangeable. The logic boards and software are designed to recognize a specific part. Return the one you got in exchange for the gen 2 screen to be sure it all runs right.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    11B1P likes this.
    05-05-2013 10:26 AM