Do you think that the Ipod Touch 4G will get the update IOS 7?

Ventus221

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand that there are some possible hardware limitations to this, But I figured considering that Iphone 3GS got three consecutive updates, that it is possible that the Touch will get the same love. Another point I looked at is the fact that the Ipod Touch was revamped in 2011, with IOS 5 is it possible to see it go through one more update even if the 3GS was a one shot at getting three updates, from IOS 6 to IO7? Seems plausible. What are your opinions?

vakama94

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I hope it does since I don't have the money right now to get a new iPod just for iOS 7. I do agree about hardware limitations and, from what I'm seeing in iOS 6, if it does get the update it will be a tad slower and apps will crash more often. At least that's what I'm experiencing with iOS 6.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

alsource

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
There are many reasons why it probably won't support iOS 7..Firstly,it only has 256 MB of RAM and that's not enough to run the OS smoothly.
Secondly,Apple stopped selling the iPod Touch 4th generation and released the cheaper 16GB version of the iPod Touch 5th generation.
If they're thinking of releasing a new version of the iPod Touch (6th generation) this year!
We'll see on June 10th!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I understand that there are some possible hardware limitations to this, But I figured considering that Iphone 3GS got three consecutive updates, that it is possible that the Touch will get the same love. Another point I looked at is the fact that the Ipod Touch was revamped in 2011, with IOS 5 is it possible to see it go through one more update even if the 3GS was a one shot at getting three updates, from IOS 6 to IO7? Seems plausible. What are your opinions?

My money is on "NO"...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

mustafa imran

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
i think that there should be one last update for ipod 4g. if there is no update there should be the touch home screen and lock screen but there should be an update for ipod 4 please4:)
please .....

mustafa imran

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
i think that there should be one last update for ipod 4g. if there is no update there should be the touch home screen and lock screen but there should be an update for ipod 4 please4:)
please .....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
SIGN THIS , very easy and quick!!!! SUPPORT IT
Signing a petition can not change the tech specs for a device to enable it to run iOS7. Devices eventually become no longer supported on new iOSes.

Get over it.

And to the "one last update" crowd - you got it already in iOS6. Sorry to go all 'Captain Obvious' on you... it is what it is. See preceding sentence.

CORYK333

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, after seeing what an update that is a bit too advanced/taxing for a device can do to the user experience, you dont want iOS 7 on the 4thGenTouch. Be happy it has iOS 6, bc most people on here crying for iOS 7 on the very limited iPod touch4 will be the same ones crying when iOS 7 makes their device almost unusable......DUE TO HARDWARE LIMITATIONS!!!! It's not a conspiracy, it can't handle it....end of story.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro